• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Borderlands 3!

Ok, One thing I'm a little frustrated with is the weapons rating system. The "Score" isn't that accurate. I often find a lower scored weapon just flat out better. I have also found that the old color rating doesn't always work either. I had a Legendary level 19 pistol that was not as good as the blue level 19 pistol. The blue pistol had a slightly lower score but was worth more money and clearly more powerful that the Legendary.

Old Borderlands the color scheme worked well. Legendary was just that. And I could almost always easily pick a weapon based on level and color. Now I spend a lot of time looking at everything in the weapon and trying to figure out what is best.

I liked having the ability to test weapons side by side in BL2, you know the spot next to Marcus. I wish they had something like that in BL3. Now its just a shooting range and doesn't tell you the damage.

Yeah, agreed - how they determine the score and the color rating isn't always clear. I also spend a lot of time looking at individual weapon stats/perks. But the effectiveness of a gun varies a lot depending on which character you're playing, which skill tree you choose, and your play style. So it's never gonna be a perfect rating system, IMHO.

So @Razz, which character are you using?

I've finished the main plot line with three of the four characters (Moze, Fl4k, Amara), and am about halfway through the last one (Zane). I like Fl4k and Amara the best, kind of a toss-up between these two which is THE best. Probably Amara though, I loved the "elemental storm" skill tree and how it suits the way I play.

So I am playing FL4k and I think I'm going to restart the game and play off line. I just read that the online updates limited the amount of loot in certain key areas that can be farmed for Legendary weapons. I like looting and farming so Im going to turn off online status and restart.
I figured out a lot of stuff by watching some videos today (while hard at work).

I wish there was more Claptrap in it. It's not as funny as BL2.

I love the mission "The Ice Man Cometh" in BL2, Claptrap in hyyyylaaaarrriioouuuss.

....(im quoting Claptrap of course)

Last edited:
Yeah, not a ton of claptrap but he's around some... There's more of Ellie in this one, and she's awesome, probably my favorite NPC. I think there's more humor in the dialog of the (playable) characters themselves, compared to earlier BL installments where characters didn't say much. You notice this more though if you play the same missions with different characters.

And the other main thread of humor running through the entire game is the whole social media thing... "Like, Follow, and Obey!"

Bl3 (3).jpg

Here is a good example of what I was talking about regarding the weapons ratings....

Both are level 27
Both are machine guns
One is legendary the other only a blue.
But the Blue weapon is rated higher and worth more money.
It takes away the whole "YES, a Legendary!!!" that I had with previous BL2....

Color doesn't matter that much any more except Legendary weapons seam to have a little hidden something about the way they fire.

Here is a good example of what I was talking about regarding the weapons ratings....

Right, that's the sort of case where I have to go out and try them one after the other on the same class of enemies - basically just go fight a bunch of things and swap back and forth, see which really works better in practice.

Yeah I've had that gun. I think it's legendary because it does 145 damage with a single bullet, vs the other that does 51 damage per bullet (though it fires two at once). And it has that one-two-three burst pattern that if you get into the rhythm can really work well. And I like the ricochet of Jakobs weapons.

But I agree with you, you can't necessarily judge a weapon just on score or rarity alone. It often comes down to play style and character and whether the gun works in that context. This requires some thought and experimentation. But I do think legendaries each have some sort of unique feature that you can exploit.

Any true BL2 fan will certainly appreciate this screen shot!
I dropped all my loot in the shooting range next to Marcus, haha..

IBl2.jpg

Bump: A little silly maybe but they do seem to have done a halfway decent job with the general style and look of things. I'll probably go see it.

Back