• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Car subwoofer question

Kazaam

You know those ugly box subs? Are there mounts that people drill through the metal on the bottom of the truck?

I have a Ford Ranger extended cab pickup, and so if ever I got a sub I'd probably try one of those boxed subs. And then stick it behind the driver's seat. But I would tend to think it would slide around and/or bounce up and down unless it was somehow mounted. Am I wrong?

I've seen them bolted down, just wedged behind the seat and rear cb wall, and everything in between. I wouldn't want to put holes in the wall of floor so I'd look for othe alternatives.

Are you going to build your box, install the driver and mount, or purchase a box, install the driver and mount?

Rope

Nah... nothing fancy like that.

I don't even have the cash to do anything right now, and I'm not even sure I want to get a sub. But I was looking at something like this. Not necessarily this specific one, mind you. But just one of the ugly box subs you can buy from the store. I just was curious what most folks do. If they just sit them behind the drivers seat (in trucks) and let them bounce and slide around. Or if they are typically mounted somehow so that they are secured.

x20611PT10-F.jpeg

Yes, they are often secured to the floor. Ma ny installers build the box and secure it inside the vehicle with the mounting screws placed inside the box. then they mount the driver to the box. This makes for a very clean installation. This is how I will do the sub boxes in my boat if I ever get around to doing them. Just be VERY CAREFUL drilling holes or putting screws in your floor pan. Lots of stuff under there that would be real bad with a screw sticking through it.

Back