• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Chance for an upgrade - Panasonic VT25 54" Plasma

Doghart

In my game room I have a Panny 46" U series plasma that I scored at Costco for $900. Ive had it for 4 years and it's worked well. i really like plasma for online gaming. No lag or jerky motion issues like I get on my LCD Samsung.

My friend recently upgraded to a GT 65" and has the VT54" just sitting in his basement gathering dust. HE really like one of my Fender guitars I've been considering selling so we figured we could do a straight swap. I just have to drive about 4 hours to meet him halfway between here and Omaha to exchange stuff.

So I would be essentially getting the 54" VT25 for $800 and some gas money, plus I could probably sell the 46" set for 3-4 hundred.

Should I bump my screen size from 46 to 54? Any reason I shouldn't do this?

When was the last time you heard anyone say their TV was too big?

It's an HSS edition USA Stratocaster. Worth about a grand, probably could sell it for 800 or so.

Looks almost exactly like this one:

011-0102-747_004_2313_detail.jpg

D

How many times in this past year have you played that guitar, how many times have you played the 42" panel? That should provide a measure to help make the decision. And like Towen, when's the last time you heard anyone say "I need want a smaller flat panel."

Rope

That's awesome logic Rope!

I haven't played that guitar in at least 2 years, I really like the way it looks but I seldom choose it over one or two of my favorites that I love to play. The plasma in my basement man cave gets used 2 or 3 nights a week for movies, football or online gaming.

Guess I just made up my mind.

Those VT25 series sets still sell at over $2k for some reason.

Thanks!

D

I think the VT25 series were an exclusive model to BB, they had that dark grey bezel and the picture was pretty highly regarded, maybe that coupled with being somewhat rare has them holding some value...

Batman said:
I think the VT25 series were an exclusive model to BB, they had that dark grey bezel and the picture was pretty highly regarded, maybe that coupled with being somewhat rare has them holding some value...

My friend bought it at Soundtrack (now out of business), and I see them on Amazon and a couple of boutique stores here locally. The 50" are dirt cheap but anything else is still fetching close to full price. He paid about $2400 for it about 2 years ago. Sold his 46" to me (I have 2, one in the man cave and one in the master bedroom).

So, I'll have to unload the 46" quick, nowhere to put the dang thing.

D

give you a $25 GC to BB for the XBOX bundle and the 46" Plasma. Don't think about i too long.

Back