• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

considering building a pair of two channel speakers

Maximo

We are moving offices and I want to have a high quality stereo pair in my office. I am seriously considering building these myself. Mainly because I like projects and all my stuff is done at the house so now I need something else to do.

Any thoughts, input, advice about kits or building from scratch?

There are some neat DIY projects on partsexpress.com.

Then there's madisound, but those kits can be pretty pricey.

Sky's the limt on this right? I am going to wait unt I get into my new office but I am hoping this idea will be a vehicle to get my two channel on.

Rope said:
THOR!

Rope

Or the Odins. At one point, I was seriously considering buy a pair.

Another pair to consider is Vifa. There used to be a Vifa kit that sold for about $500/pr. Dentman owned (maybe still owns?) a pair and my bud Ben also has a pair. One of the best pair, if not the best pair, of speakers I've heard in the $500 & under range. I think DIYer may have owned a pair too, but can't remember.

^ I used to own MTM pair but sold them. I still have MT which are my surround speakers. I like them.

I thought you did. Did you sell yours to Dentman?

Ben scored on a used B&K preamp and power amp to go with his Vifas. Pretty bad ass setup. When we were demoing speakers at a Knoxville store to replace my Mackies, we went back to his place to give the Vifas a run through. That's when I decided to just start looking for my old Klipsch setup and not buy new. I don't regret it.

Yes. I got them from Madisound.com but they no longer carry that specific kit.

Back