• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Deadpool movie...

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
so, im not a big fan of deadpool, but his official trailer was released yesterday.

try to look at the pre-trailer one first, then see the trailer on youtube. im at work so no go for me.

Anyways, is this supposed to be here or movies section? Please move if needed.

By the fly,

I thought we had a comic section?

I'm just "meh" on the Deadpool movie, even after the trailer. I haven't really followed the character in the comics and I'm not a fan of "breaking the fourth wall", which is a major element in the books.

My favorite part was Reynolds saying "Just don't make the super suit green, or animated". Some of the film blogs are posting snippets of an Empire review where Tim Miller discusses Reynolds going on Green Lantern riffs while filming. Most of that will probably get cut out though.

:text-link:

Towen7 said:
I'm just "meh" on the Deadpool movie, even after the trailer. I haven't really followed the character in the comics and I'm not a fan of "breaking the fourth wall", which is a major element in the books.
You're dead to me.

Not to turn this into a Green Lantern thread but it's a damn shame how that movie turned out. Reynolds wasn't the weak link or to blame for that movie's failure....the director let him and everyone down.

Zing said:
Towen7 said:
You're dead to me.

I guess I should break it to you now that I left my Mackie Studio Monitors to you in my last will and testament.

Like Towen, I'm not really into the Deadpool movie either. I'll go see it, give it a chance and hope it does well. But I'm certainly not "counting down" for it. My kids on the other hand, can't wait. Still though, I want all Comic Book movies to do well. When one does well or is well received its good for the entire genre.

Batman said:
Like Towen, I'm not really into the Deadpool movie either. I'll go see it, give it a chance and hope it does well. But I'm certainly not "counting down" for it. My kids on the other hand, can't wait. Still though, I want all Comic Book movies to do well. When one does well or is well received its good for the entire genre.

Your kids can probably handle it but... for the uninitiated ... Deadpool is not... I repeat ... NOT a kid friendly kind of super hero. This movie will likely push the limits of the R rating.

Towen7 said:
Zing said:
Towen7 said:
You're dead to me.

I guess I should break it to you now that I left my Mackie Studio Monitors to you in my last will and testament.
I don't even know who Deadpool is. When I first saw this thread, I thought it was about a reboot of the Clint Eastwood movie. I just wanted to say "you're dead to me" once like you've said to me so many times.

If I come out of this with studio monitors, I'll likely will them to a studio owning sound engineer I know. He doesn't listen to music for personal enjoyment. :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

Zing said:
I just wanted to say "you're dead to me" once like you've said to me so many times.
He doesn't listen to music for personal enjoyment. :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:
We should all raise awareness about this. :angelic-green:

Towen7 said:
My favorite part was Reynolds saying "Just don't make the super suit green, or animated". Some of the film blogs are posting snippets of an Empire review where Tim Miller discusses Reynolds going on Green Lantern riffs while filming. Most of that will probably get cut out though.

:text-link:

Yup got that part really quick. as mentioned here, i dont think green lantern was a failure or a disappointment due to him per se, but it was mostly the writing i guess. storywise it was pretty good i think, not like batman kinda writing, but good enough to sustain the movie.

its just bad decisions here and there i guess. i felt like the green lantern was going thru a menstrual cycle.

kinda like how the first hulk movie was. or the second. :happy-smileygiantred: for the record i liked the second one and own both versions.

its in the 'i dont have anything to watch after austenland or the lake house movie'...

Oh, and yes Deadpool is definitely not a kids comic book hero. a lot of gore, a lot of er... adult humor, and well, i hope the trailer can show you...

Back