• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

DISH may join DirecTV

Doesn't surprise me. In my experience DTV is much better than Dish.

Plus DTV has really been kicking Dish's ass in the consumer market.

Dish is one of the few providers making a profit. Their hardware blows away D*, but D* has some exclusives that consumers want (Sunday Ticket for example). Could be a win win...

...and by that link, Dish is waiting for the decision at the end of the year about them offering wireless & data:

"The Federal Communications Commission has said it will decide whether Dish can use its wireless spectrum to transmit mobile voice and data by year-end, and Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. says that may be the catalyst for a takeover of the $16 billion company. "

I don't know if I'd like this. Seems they are more competitive to each other than either one to cable, so I would think a merger would only mean a higher monthly bill in the end.

Towen is working for a very, very, very, very, hungry company. Imagine them owning DISH ! :scared-yipes:
Its sounds like its between AT&T or D* getting DISH.

AT&T recently announced a huge investment to, among other things, dramatically increase the reach of Uverse. With that much capital committed to wired and wireless infrastructure projects it's hard to imagine a DISH purchase.

Full disclosure, I work for AT&T but do not represent them here. I don't have any information regarding mergers or acquisitions.

Towen7 said:
AT&T recently announced a huge investment to, among other things, dramatically increase the reach of Uverse. With that much capital committed to wired and wireless infrastructure projects it's hard to imagine a DISH purchase.

Full disclosure, I work for AT&T but do not represent them here. I don't have any information regarding mergers or acquisitions.
Is AT&T going south of Austin into my area (area code 78640....Kyle) ?

Back