• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Disney finlly joining DMA

MatthewB

Grandmaster Pimp Daddy
Famous
This means in a few weeks all my Disney movies will now be able to be linked to my Vudu account. Was reading over at Vudu Forums that with the release of Guardians of the Galaxy and Maleficent that Disney is finally going to be DMA enabled. Now granted they still won't be Ultraviolet compatible so no sharing and they are still holding out with disc to digital (greedy bastards) but my 18 Disney titles (thanks for most of those Batman at the last GTG). My movies can now be added to Vudu and they will all port on over as HDX titles. WooHoo. They say as early as Nov 4th will be the conversion date. Now you still have to go to UVVU and link to Disney but that takes a few seconds then Bam instantly added to your account.

Nice! I have 38 Disney titles on Vudu and really hope they are eventually forced to join UV. Amazon is negotiating entrance into UV now and that could be a deal changer. I suspect that if Amazon goes UV, Google Play will have to follow, leaving Apple alone out in the cold. That will also put Disney in an awkward position. Amazon could be the sea change needed to get the entire industry on a common rights locker and that is the only way this will ever work.

Looks like they've already started. My Disney Anywhere app has been linked to iTunes for awhile now but went to Disney Anywhere App tonight and it asks me to link to Google Play (for the Android players). I don't have an Android but do have a Google account. Upon linking it gave me a free copy of "Wreck ir Ralph" just for linking to Google Play. Now that they have shared movies with Google the talk is within a few days Vudu should be next.

Anyone care to explain...I just used the Digital Copy Plus of Disney's Frozen. I entered the code and then it gave me an option of Disney's Movies Anywhere or "without DMA" at Vudu (or the other like Target etc)...is there a difference? What are the pros/cons? I have a few newer Disney movies so I want to set a standard for myself. Generally everything I can goes to Vudu...

You can link your Vudu account to your DMA account and they will sync. You can redeem the code in either place.

Basically go to Disney Anwhere and link your app to Vudu and do the same at Vudu. Now any title you add to iTunes or Disney will now appear in your Vudu account your Disney movies are not Ultraviolet so you can't share those with linked family members but they will show up on your Vudu account. What I found interesting is it doesn't matter if you redeem DVD or Bluray codes they will all show up on Vudu as HDX 1080p.

The other good thing with redeeming Disney codes is you get points and when you get enough points you can get free stuff like DVDs and Blurays. My family is huge into Disney so I ask them to save me the codes and I redeem them under my Vudu account so I get the titles for free (so does my mom since she uses my login and password). Chris was kind enough also to give me his Disney codes at the last GTG so I got quite a few free Disney titles with his generosity.

You also get Wreck it Ralph free by linking your Vudu to Disney also.

OK, basically the same as usual. Just wanted to be sure there were no hidden caveats or anything if I went with Disney Anywhere.

Thanks guys.

Back