• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Downton Abbey

mzpro5

Famous
Forty years ago my fellow college radicals and I would take a break from world revolution each Sunday evening and revel in watching a PBS series "Upstairs, Downstairs", that focused on the lives of both a British upper class family and their servants in the early 20th century. We loved it and at the time the irony of the situation was a bit lost on us.

Flash forward forty years and a year old PBS series "Downton Abbey", with much the same premise, is a gigantic hit. I had never watched it but had seen it was available on NF streaming. This last week with all the hype about the second season I figured I'd give it a try. Have watched 2 episodes from the first season and I am hooked. The estate used for the filming is breathtaking and the show is pretty much historically accurate. Great acting also.

If you don't care for British historical period drama then skip it but if you do I highly recommend it.

My wife and I love the show. The insight into a true upper/lower class, the estate, the dress, the cars...everything about this show is educational and entertaining.

I LOVE this show!

This sort of film making (it is film making, after all) that would vastly benefit from well executed 3D TV technology. Imagine watching those sets, that location, those scenes with realistic 3D depth!

does it remind you of pride and prejudice? ive seen a couple of ads here and there, and always ALWAYS end up finding myself scanning it again.

So it IS downton and not downtown.

Back