• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Dropped Cox Cable tv service...

Just got really tired of paying $200/month for a ton of channels I never watch. Kept internet service with them. We have a Roku and a Xbox 360, so I still have all my streaming services. Some friends are thinking of doing the same, just wanting to see how long it takes before I start having withdrawals. Seems like a good time to catch up on my Netflix queue and some 360 games I haven't play yet. I'll keep you guys posted.

Congrats & welcome to the OTA group. Be aware you can't get ESPN feeds if you are a sports fan.
We stream a Neflix movie at least once a day & also rent discs (2) also.

OTA for over a year now and really dont miss much at all except ESPN college football games and Monday night football most other shows if can wait I stream them on Netflix.

tarheel015 said:
I do have an ESPN app on my Xbox 360, but its ESPN 3. Better than nothing. Also have MLB and UFC on Xbox.
The ESPN apps won't work if you don't pay for programming from the cable company. When you open the ESPN apps it will ask who is your provider, you choose your provider, then it will ask for your username/password for that provider....if you don't have programming from the provider, you will be told to contact your provider.....I've talked/emailed my cable company (Time Warner) & ESPN.....

Thanks Barney, I'll definitely check on that tonight. Quick question. How do I get a OTA signal to my HT receiver? I have a projector, so I don't have a tv tuner. Just get an old DTV converter box, or are there newer options out there?

tarheel015 said:
Thanks Barney, I'll definitely check on that tonight. Quick question. How do I get a OTA signal to my HT receiver? I have a projector, so I don't have a tv tuner. Just get an old DTV converter box, or are there newer options out there?

I did a little research on this not too long ago and the only thing I could find was from Channel Master.

Samsung used to make a good outboard tuner. I got one one one eBay a year or so ago when I tried to cut he proverbial cable. Let me know if you have trouble finding one, i may be willing to part with mine. Another option is an OTA tuner car for a PC (which gives you the ability to record too).

You can check a DVDplayer/recorder, if they still sell 'em....they should have a tuner.

ESPN app on Xbox still works. Its ESPN 3, which is only online, but at least it still works. College football live last night was U of North Alabama vs U of Western Georgia, a real barn-burner. Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. Gives me several options to look at. will keep you posted.

tarheel015 said:
ESPN app on Xbox still works. Its ESPN 3, which is only online, but at least it still works. College football live last night was U of North Alabama vs U of Western Georgia, a real barn-burner. Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. Gives me several options to look at. will keep you posted.
Have you already dropped your programming from the cable company ?

Guess Cox Cable doesn't filter the feed to your modem. If they do, maybe they forgot yours.........don't say anything.

Back