• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Edifier Speakers

Haywood

Famous
I bought a pair of Edifier R1700BT ($150) for my daughter for Christmas and a pair of R1280T ($99) for the master bathroom. While they are definitely not in the same class as AudioEngine A5s, they are both a hell of a lot of speaker for the money and I am both pleased and impressed with both pairs. The first pair provides both Bluetooth and line-level options, while the second does not include Bluetooth. Considering that I picked up the R1280Ts for $79 on an open-box deal and planned to use them with a Chromecast Audio anyway, lack of Bluetooth was a minor compromise. Accentuated bass is a minor downside with both speakers, but is largely overcome by turning the bass down a few db. Build quality is surprisingly solid and I anticipate many years of use.

I think they are a great budget solution computers, bedrooms and other secondary listening situations, so I thought I would share.

R1700BT
r1700bt-1_f125ab42-c166-4881-904a-0cffec6a2626.jpg

R1280T
71o5w0ZfptL._SL1500_.jpg

They sound a bit like the M-Audio speakers I got for my desk at work. They are definitely not on par with my AudioEngines but certainly worth the $79 I paid for them open box at BB.

Those Edifers are a damn sight better looking then the M-Audio's I bought.

Congrats.

My M Audio speakers on my desk at work shot craps. Well, the L Speaker shot craps which apparently is common with them. Tried calling support and their telephone system gave me the runaround and I would have to purchase a support ticket number to get to talk to someone.

A little pissed.

So, I may start looking soon are you still liking the Edifiers?

I like them a lot for how I am using them. I have not tried them out as near-field monitors.

Back