• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Feedback loop... help!

Razz

So I just changed out my Direct TV for my local cable TV

I removed the Direct TV box, and Power cable from Direct TV..

I used the same HDMI cable connected to my Pre-pro
The cable guy used the same cable line and spliced it away from Direct TV dish and into my already existing internet cable line.

Now I have an obvious and loud "hum" over all speakers. This happens with all sources including Blu-Ray and X-box.

If I unplug the new cable TVs HDMI cable (the same one used with the Direct TV) the hum goes away on my Blu-Ray and X-box.

If I'm watching Blu-Ray and press "pause" the hum goes away.

What is going on? How do I fix this!?

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

I have now swapped out the HDMI cable but there is no change.

Volume adjustments on my pre-pro do not effect the hum noise.

Disconnect the spliced cable and note the results playing Xbox or Blu-ray.

Rope

Thx Rope,
I was thinking the same thing, but he spiced it in my attick and i was hoping there was something else I was overlooking. Im going to need to call them back for that if everything else is ruled out.

Disconnect from the STB/flat panel. I'm betting that's the culprit, since it was the only change.

Rope

Is it possible that the computer and internet router is creating the ground loop outside of the cable box and sub woofer that has the three prong plug. Looking at your power connections your Sub, Cablebox, and computer are the possible ground points? Do you see any other equipment on your system with three pong power cords.

My system all plugs into the same triplite surge protector... the sub sits across the room and into it's own outlet. My computer and internet are in a different room.

Back