• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Finally! RCA connector accessory

I once tried to make a key fob out of a 44 caliber cartridge. Trouble is, the stupid thing kept blowing up every time I tried to drill the hole in the bottom of the cartridge to attach a screw. I went through a couple dozen tries until I finally found one that didn't blow up.

Made a dandy key fob.

I think I'll try this project, only using RCAs. At least I won't end up with so many holes in the walls of my garage. :scared-yipes:

BTW they didn't specify silver content solder. I wonder if I used that, my keys would sound as if a veil had been lifted when they jingle in my pocket? :angry-banghead:

Don't diddle with that small shyt. .50 cal, it'll only blow up once.

Rope

rammisframmis said:
I once tried to make a key fob out of a 44 caliber cartridge. Trouble is, the stupid thing kept blowing up every time I tried to drill the hole in the bottom of the cartridge to attach a screw. I went through a couple dozen tries until I finally found one that didn't blow up.

That would be easy enough to do, but I'd recommend next time finding a friend with a reloading setup who could just seat a bullet into an uncharged/unprimed case. WAY safer.

Of course, I would not recommend taking that kind of keychain through a TSA checkpoint... you know they'd have kittens over it.

Akula said:
rammisframmis said:

That would be easy enough to do, but I'd recommend next time finding a friend with a reloading setup who could just seat a bullet into an uncharged/unprimed case. WAY safer.

Of course, I would not recommend taking that kind of keychain through a TSA checkpoint... you know they'd have kittens over it.

Uh, I was just kidding about the cartridge........ :teasing-tease:

Cartridge ? getting those tiny connection points on the Phono Cartridge to hold keys ?
That requires some delicate work !

malsackj said:

Cartridge ? getting those tiny connection points on the Phono Cartridge to hold keys ?
That requires some delicate work !

I was just using the correct nomenclature - a cartridge. One of my pet peeves is when some stupid newscaster says some terrorists had 5000 "bullets". The "bullet" is the thing that rips through your flesh, causing damage which usually hurts. The "cartridge" is the whole thing, bullet, casing, primer and propellant. A terrorist with 5000 "bullets" can't do shit. Well, maybe he could throw them at somebody and maybe piss them off.

Sorry about the rant....... :text-imsorry:

If I put the bullets in a bag and drop the bag from a 10 story building ? That trip to the library to find the 10 stories might take some time however. I hope they don't use the never ending stories.

Back