• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

FM Radio Station Streaming

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
We have been steaming FM radio stations through the Squeeze Box and have had some issues with dropouts and missing right or left channel, etc........

Can I stream FM Radio Stations through our Roku 3? If so, what it the best method?

I am hoping that this would be a more solid platform.......

Thanks!

No Sir!

Our goal is to get some local FM Stations and some from Virginia and Long Island, NY.

tuneIN is another Roku station

I use a radio.com app on my mobile devices but I'm not sure if there is a roku channel.

I used TuneIn on my phones and my Roku, but my SqueezeBox has been working perfectly for me, so where I have a Squeezebox that's what I use for radio.

I am finding that I use my Squeezeboxes less than I used to. I can access my local library, Pandora and Spotify from both Roku and Squeezebox and I have both devices in most locations. Both can play lossless audio (via transcode to PCM in the case of Roku). The Squeezebox has the advantage of not needing a display and offers that wonderful sync feature, which is great for parties. The Roku offers more music sources, including ones with video (i.e. YouTube and Vevo). I am also starting to really like the new premium music features in Plex (some of which are Plex Pass only).

Flint said:
But the Roku requires a TV.

Which is why I pointed out that the Squeezebox has the advantage of not requiring a TV. To me, it depends on what I'm doing. I kind of like navigating on the TV when engaged in discovery, but I don't necessarily want the TV on if I'm sitting down to relax to a particular album with the lights dimmed and a nice Scotch.

RE: The OP

Have you tried streaming using your pre/pro? Most now support control via an app and my Yamaha does have 2 way feedback so you can browse, select, and verify what you're listening to. That's the way we listen to Sirius, Pandora, and FM (the last time we did) all w/o using a display.

John

^ This is 100% for the living room system which has an Onkyo AVR, I will check it's features.

OOPPS, The outdoor system also, maybe I can use Zone 2 on the Onkyo if the streaming works. Right now the SB feeds the Onkyo AVR indoor and a separate Onkyo receiver for the outdoor system.

Back