• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Frankenstein

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
Just saw a great interview with Edgar Winter, on how he wrote, retired, re-wrote his killer track Frankenstein, one of my favorite records ever.

One of my big regrets of my decades in the music biz is never being able to get a band to try this, I had the synths capable and it would've been so much fun to do live. The last third of the interview they talk about all the different covers done by other bands, I will have to look some of them up. They also mentioned several other rock instrumental hits, including Billy Preston's Outtaspace, with its greazey-as-f*ck Clav part (I looked it up to include here also, just because):

Just saw a great interview with Edgar Winter, on how he wrote, retired, re-wrote his killer track Frankenstein, one of my favorite records ever.

One of my big regrets of my decades in the music biz is never being able to get a band to try this, I had the synths capable and it would've been so much fun to do live. The last third of the interview they talk about all the different covers done by other bands, I will have to look some of them up. They also mentioned several other rock instrumental hits, including Billy Preston's Outtaspace, with its greazey-as-f*ck Clav part (I looked it up to include here also, just because):

Thanks for this. I admit I don't know this piece at all. But this is cool. And while I'm familiar with Johnny Winter, I had no idea he had a brother in the music biz as well. Cool stuff!

That was one of my staple reference songs for my car audio systems.

Back