• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Good budget way to connect Bluetooth and/or WiFi audio to my old receiver

The first one caught my eye, I've been considering the slightly-more-expensive Wiim units (I despise these companies with look-alike names that sell inferior equipment (Benro tripods, Behringer, etc)). It looks like the above units receive Blutooth only, not Wifi like the Wiim units (and note they use the old term "Hifi" liberally, fooling folks into thinking Wifi).
Will be following this thread, as I'm on the market for something similar.

Last edited:
The first one caught my eye, I've been considering the slightly-more-expensive Wiim units (I despise these companies with look-alike names that sell inferior equipment (Benro tripods, Behringer, etc)). It looks like the above units receive Blutooth only, not Wifi like the Wiim units (and note they use the old term "Hifi" liberally, fooling folks into thinking Wifi.
Will be following this thread, as I'm on the market for something similar.

I pulled the trigger on the WiiM, based on the CNET review and Botch's "like". I, also, am not a fan of look-alike names w/ inferior equipment.
Having said that...w/ Haywood's recommendation...and $120 cheaper and money I should not be spending...I pulled the trigger on the Mii and will return the WiiM.

Thanks everyone!

The Mii is just a Bluetooth receiver and doesn't pretend to be anything more. I can say one thing. It is a serious signal grabber. My phone connects every time I walk into the house and it won't take no for an answer. The range on the thing is insane. I've never had a stronger Bluetooth connection.

Back