• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Gotham

Just because a show is made for the masses doesn't mean it has to be crap. :eek:bscene-buttred:

Agree but that's how it seems to be. Any show that has brilliant acting and writing seems to get cancelled for more mindless drivel.

Game of Thrones
Homeland
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
DareDevil
Ray Donovan
Person of Interest
The Flash
House of Cards
Fargo
True Detective (season 1)

To name a few...

Mindless drivel?

All of those except Person of Interestand The Flash (Don't forget Arrow) are on either cable or pay sites like HBO where they can get away with a lot more. When your talking about network TV like NBC, CBS and so on they have a way different set of rules that they have to go by. Person of interest is one of those rare gems that is very very good with good acting and I am literally surprised is still on. Normally when I like a show it gets cancelled by the first season.

In fact just this week thee were a few TV premieres and Michelle said "Don't enjoy it too much it'll most like likely get cancelled".

Gotham was terrible. Surely you aren't referring to THAT show when you mention "brilliant acting and writing".

I'm a fan of the show, not at the Matt level though. I also agree with most of Chris's list of better show's, though I might disagree on Flash, only seen one episode. Haven't seen Daredevil yet. Okay the acting, writing, etc, are bad but at least the production values make it look good.

TitaniumTroy said:
I'm a fan of the show, not at the Matt level though. I also agree with most of Chris's list of better show's, though I might disagree on Flash, only seen one episode. Haven't seen Daredevil yet. Okay the acting, writing, etc, are bad but at least the production values make it look good.

My opinion is exactly that, an opinion...but take The Flash. The Flash is supposed to be goofy and fun and light. It's inherent with the character. Not all of these shows are going to appeal to everyone. But with Gotham, although it's clear that everyone involved respects the world of Gotham, it's missing the mark for me. From episode to episode it's not even consistent except consistently bad....

Last edited:
Back