• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Harmony One & Roku 4

Snake Doctor

I am trying to get my remote to play nice with the Roku 4. So far I have been able to get the Roku to appear under "activites" on the remote, but that only works after I have turned everything on (TV, Pre-pro-Roku) and switched the pre-pro to the right setting. That entails at least two if not three remotes, which defeats the purpose of the H One.

Any suggestions? I must have overlooked a setting somewhere for the download.

What? No one? This is one of the most knowledgeable groups I know. I also found this is not a shy group with no opinions.

So I am going to sit back, relax and :drinkingbeer:, until someone or many speaks.

Both my Roku's (2 and 3) work perfect with both my Harmony remotes. I would find it hard to think the remote would be all that different with the 4. Have you tried going thru setup again on the Harmony? If still not working I would replace your setup and put in Roku 3 instead of Roku 4 and see if that solves the issue. I did this with a Sony Bluray player that had the same thing. It wouldn't turn on the BDP-350 so I just said in Harmony setup that it was a BDP-300 (which I knew worked) and it worked perfectly for the BDP-350.

I would also try manually programming the remote one button at a time and setting the on/off feature manually into the Harmony using the Roku remote (having the IR eyes facing each other about two inches apart). Sometimes the Harmony remotes have an issue setting up and skip a step. You could also adjust the timing of each device to be turned on. I had this issue with an older system I had which would never turn on my receiver. Turns out the timing was so fast that the reciever couldn't catch the full IR signal from the Harmony because it had flashed so fast before it was on to the next device that I adjusted each device turn on time by a few seconds and this worked perfectly as my receiver now had enough time to catch the IR signal from Harmony before it turned on the next device.

My Harmony is a bit wonky with the Roku. I've got issues with lag and sometimes it decides to not work. This may have something to do with the placement of the base with the IR blaster in relationship to the Roku, but the intermittent nature of the problem leads me to think there is more involved.

It's been awhile, but I don't remember any problems setting up my One to run the Roku 3 I have. Biggest problem I have, is navigating around the Netflix app, I think the Harmony is sending too many repeats, so it tends to skip past what I am trying to select. Been too lazy to take it back to the computer to fix. Wish I could be more help, Snakedoctor.

Back