• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Haywood's Completed Family Room System

The kitchen system mainly runs off the second zone of the Marantz receiver in the main system via a very long Redmere Active HDMI cable. It is controlled via a Harmony Companion remote. That last bit required me to put an old Radio Shack remote repeater in my cabinet next to the Harmony Hub and then put another one in the kitchen with a pair of IR emitters to control the TV and soundbar. This MOSTLY works, but the round-robin input selector on the soundbar makes things less than ideal when switching back from Bluetooth.

System
  • Samsung 32" HDTV
  • Vizio Soundbar
  • Harmony Companion

Kitchen.jpg

A slightly outdated photo of the server stack that runs my Plex implementation.

NAS: QNAP TS-853 Pro (Eight 4TB HGST NAS Drives in RAID 6)
External Drive: Seagate 8TB
Usenet Server: MSI Cubi i3 (Windows Server 2012 R2)
Plex Server: HP Quad-Core i7 Desktop (Windows Server 2012 R2)
Router: RT-AC88U AC3200, 8 Port Switch, 802.3ad support (fast NAS connection)
UPS: APS 1500 Pro 1500VA with Battery Expansion

Server Stack.jpg

The tech is cool and the system looks great, but dude that wine rack is killer.

The TV in the main system weighs 125 pounds. It is hung with a heavy duty articulating mount attached to two studs with two lag bolts each. It shouldn't go anywhere. The TV in the kitchen is on an articulating arm and is attached to one stud with three lag bolts (MASSIVE overkill). Neither of these things is going anyway.

The wine rack came from Ikea. I put it there to balance things out and to hide the telephone wall plate.

Back