• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

How Many Checkpoints in One Morning?

Gestapo!

They have those bullshit check points around here on holidays when traffic is lousy. The good old passive submissive people pull over like good little sheep.

Rope

Rope said:
Gestapo!

They have those bullshit check points around here on holidays when traffic is lousy. The good old passive submissive people pull over like good little sheep.

Rope
They have those around here also on the holidays but they are not to check for citizenship but for drunk drivers, the population of which seems to grow around the holidays.

If the checkpoint catches or keeps one drunk driver, potential murderer, off the road them it is worth it IMO. When you have a relative killed by a drunk driver perhaps you will rethink those checkpoints.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention is they actually put the locations of checkpoints in the local paper BEFORE the holiday so you can avoid them if you are so inclined. I never understood that, perhaps it is a legal issue.

legal issue....makes me wonder why speed traps aren't listed the same way.

DUI stops and the stops like those he is encountering are 2 different animals. SoCal traffic is already a nightmare so anything that makes it worse is going to be frowned upon. Not to mention the rights that are chucked out the window, sad part is that they didn't know what to do when presented with this guy declining to do as asked. I do think that his making a point could have turned out poorly for him when all he needed to do was say yes, thank you and move on. Some of these officers obviously think he's wrong initially and all it takes is the wrong bonehead.

Finding illegals doesn't require traffic stops on freeways. I could probably find you 4-500 in one neighborhood down the road so if I know this, local LE must know it as well. All the time and resources wasted on this and the drug war are stupid....flat tax.

mzpro5 said:
Rope said:
Gestapo!

Rope
They have those around here also on the holidays but they are not to check for citizenship but for drunk drivers, the population of which seems to grow around the holidays.

If the checkpoint catches or keeps one drunk driver, potential murderer, off the road them it is worth it IMO. When you have a relative killed by a drunk driver perhaps you will rethink those checkpoints.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention is they actually put the locations of checkpoints in the local paper BEFORE the holiday so you can avoid them if you are so inclined. I never understood that, perhaps it is a legal issue.

It makes little difference if the Gestapo is head hunting for illegals or drunks. It's counter productive, illegal, and not cost effective.

Enforcement of immagration begins before they get here, not after. Maybe a good start would be a immagration policy?

Rope

Rope said:
mzpro5 said:
Rope said:
Gestapo!

Rope

It makes little difference if the Gestapo is head hunting for illegals or drunks. It's counter productive, illegal, and not cost effective.

Enforcement of immagration begins before they get here, not after. Maybe a good start would be a immagration policy?

Rope

I agree on the immigration end.

But on the DUI checkpoints I disagree. Do they catch a lot of drunk drivers no, but I bet people knowing there are DUI check points keeps some that have been drinking from driving. The habitual drunk won't care but Mr Suberbia that had too much to drink at that BBQ across town may think twice and have his wife drive. That is a good enough reason for the check points for me.

^^
As long as taxpayers remain submissive and continue to pickup the cost tab for cost prohibative police action, I'm reasonably certain you'll continue to see your friendly Gestapo. I feel much more safe knowing they'll catch a few drunks after stopping thousands.

Rope

Rope said:
^^
As long as taxpayers remain submissive and continue to pickup the cost tab for cost prohibative police action, I'm reasonably certain you'll continue to see your friendly Gestapo. I feel much more safe knowing they'll catch a few drunks after stopping thousands.

Rope
I feel much more safe knowing a life or lives could have been saved. 40 years ago I lost a family member to a drunk driver. Every other day I read about injuries and lives lost due to drunk/impaired drivers.

And quite frankly I do not see DUI checkpoints 5-6 times a year as cost prohibitive.

I guess our life experiences give us our own perspective.

mzpro5 said:
Rope said:
^^

Rope
I feel much more safe knowing a life or lives could have been saved. 40 years ago I lost a family member to a drunk driver. Every other day I read about injuries and lives lost due to drunk/impaired drivers.

And quite frankly I do not see DUI checkpoints 5-6 times a year as cost prohibitive.

I guess our life experiences give us our own perspective.

Sorry for your loss.
I don't condone drivng under the influience of anything, including mobile phone use. If special interest would like to nip the problem in the bud. I suggest they use their lobby power to reform DD laws, which would include mobile phone use. Joe habitual will remain driving without insurance or license. Joe needs a jail sentence, not license revocation. If people are aware of the severity of punishment, they will not, well except for Joe but he's behind bars so who cares, drink, use cell phones, or take a drug which may impair their driving abilitiy.

In Utard we don't worry about such menial things, since the vast majority of motorist drive with their heads buried in their asses.

Rope

What you guys talking about brings up a good point, should there be alcohol monitoring in a vehicle? I know they do this to a degree with repeat offenders, but what if someone invented an air monitoring system that could detect alcohol? If it detects alcohol the driver would have to pull over and blow to get the car to run again, or something like that.

I know this would go against our civil liberties, but people don't think when they drink, especially the young. I know I was guilty when I was younger, stop to have just one drink, ends up being six, and then I put myself in a position that I should have never been in. This is one area where I do think we need to be protected from ourselves.

Huey said:
What you guys talking about brings up a good point, should there be alcohol monitoring in a vehicle? I know they do this to a degree with repeat offenders, but what if someone invented an air monitoring system that could detect alcohol? If it detects alcohol the driver would have to pull over and blow to get the car to run again, or something like that.

I know this would go against our civil liberties, but people don't think when they drink, especially the young. I know I was guilty when I was younger, stop to have just one drink, ends up being six, and then I put myself in a position that I should have never been in. This is one area where I do think we need to be protected from ourselves.

When I was 32 I got a DUI. totally deserved it. In fact when the trooper started the sobriety test I told him. "Don't waste our time. I'm drunk and no way should I be driving". After that I would drive after 3-4 drinks but not when wasted.

12 years ago I made the decision to not drive after even one drink and i have stuck to it. On big occasions like weddings and such I rent a town car - go in style and don't have to worry about dr&dr. I haven't gone to a bar in years because of having to drive. I do my fair share of drinking and other things but I do not drive when I do.

I'm the same as you Jeff, but it seems to take a few years of "experience" to realize that there usually just isn't one drink. I've never had a DUI, but that wasn't for lack of trying. I'm just very thankful that I never hurt anyone.

I think we will probably see automated driving before we would have alcohol monitoring, which will be very cool !

Huey said:

In our society it seems everyone pays a price for a few violators. Case in point, we all carry a valid ID and it is presented when writing a check. We live in a "free" country with a mulititude of laws prohibiting people from passing bad paper, but whoa is me, it's not enforced. The same thing happens with DD. If DD laws were reformed and real bite added for offenders, wouldn't that save everyone money and inconvenience?

It's high time the violators pay the price, and law abiding citizens are left alone.

Rope

The thing with DUI's is many of us could have or may get one in the future. I paid dearly to beat my DUI case in 09 and settled on a reckless driving charge. I make zero excuses though, I was in a dark place and booze made me forget about it nightly. I rely on my license to work so it was a right good scare. Thing is it's the easiest law to break, and our suburban sprawl has eliminated the corner bar so any time you go out and have even a few it's hard to know if you are legal or not. I bought a breathalyzer for when we go out, but even it's not all that accurate. Everyone has their own opinion, but I think distractions like cell phones and other amenities in cars are a bigger threat, they just aren't an easy stat to track....like someone who just can't drive.

Here's another video from Pastor Steven Anderson (same guy as above). This is an older instance and he wasn't so lucky.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S2uXBhFpCk[/youtube]

Here's a video from the day after his abuse:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUzd7G875Hc[/youtube]

You can watch his trial...http://www.youtube.com/user/sanderson16 ... uery=trial

Pastor Anderson is now in a federal law suit resulting from the 2009 incident.

Infowars has picked up this viral video story ( the OP ) and interviews Pastor Anderson.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQEE6p7CWaE[/youtube]

So... He had a camera on him and recorded some of the incident but puts the camera away before they destroy his windows and shoot him with a taser?

I don't doubt his story. I just find it odd.

Back