• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

HTIB instead of soundbar?!!

mcad64

HTP-071
High Power 5.1 AV Receiver with 5.1 Speaker Package

4 HDMI® inputs
Dolby® TrueHD & DTS-HD® Master Audio
High-powered surround sound system
6.3" down-firing design woofer

Price: $299.00

HTP-071_large.jpg

Pretty much same price as a soundbar. Thinking this instead of soundbar. Only problem I can't seem to find the height of the center channel speaker. Ideally I would like to stick this in front of the tv. Otherwise it would sit underneath and point upwards. Manual does not seem to show size of speakers. May have to take a trip to store, unfortunately with wife and kids in tow!! I can just hear my wife now "We need MORE electronics??"

The owners manual lists the receiver at 6 5/8" tall. If the picture is an accurate representation of the center channel in relation to the receiver, my guess is the center is 3-3.5" tall...

How much does each system cost? Not trying to sound like an HtiB/soundbar hater, but I think a good stereo setup is hard to beat price wise. This is especially true if the system is going to see a lot of music use.

With the prices of some of those styles of systems, used gear for a traditional stereo setup is hard to beat.

Batman said:
The owners manual lists the receiver at 6 5/8" tall. If the picture is an accurate representation of the center channel in relation to the receiver, my guess is the center is 3-3.5" tall...
Listed as 100 mm by 106mm by 270mm So it is either 3.93 inches or 4.17 high , so you are a little short Bats!!!

Yesfan70 said:
How much does each system cost? Not trying to sound like an HtiB/soundbar hater, but I think a good stereo setup is hard to beat price wise. This is especially true if the system is going to see a lot of music use.

With the prices of some of those styles of systems, used gear for a traditional stereo setup is hard to beat.

I am looking at roughly 300 plus tax for a soundbar or this HTIB. It is only for the bedroom and mostly it is my wife watching. She is not real particular about sound but even she admits the stock speakers on the Panny lcd are shite.

how about using computer speakers instead? i think that coupling that with some RCA-3.5 adapters MIGHT work for you. 2.1 may work better, and would be more cost effective.

just pick the right kinda computer speakers. :happy-smileygiantred:

The problem with PC speakers is the lack of a remote power switch. For a bedroom I'd keep it as simple as possible and avoid messaging with a receiver.

Towen7 said:
The problem with PC speakers is the lack of a remote power switch. For a bedroom I'd keep it as simple as possible and avoid messaging with a receiver.

BLASPHEMY HEATHEN!!!!! Heck my bedroom system gets used 98% of the time and has a full 7.1 setup with a dual 12" sub. No such thing as a simple bedroom system. Go big or go ho...go to another room.

Back