• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

I was going to wait until

Xgm3

I actually received them but I'm just too excited and wanted to share. I just purchased the Outlaw Model 975/Model 5000 Combo. I will post pics as soon as I get them.

Model 975/Model 5000 Combo
$ 999.00
Subtotal 1 Item :
$ 999.00
Ground Shipping :
$ 90.20
Total Order Amount :
$ 1,089.20

Congrats and as is customary round these parts whenever someone gets new equipment let me be the first to say:

YOU SUCK!!!

And, of course pictures and a full review are required.

AWESOME!! Is this your first venture into the world of separates? What are these replacing? What do women want? (oops wrong forum...)

Enjoy!!

John

yromj said:
AWESOME!! Is this your first venture into the world of separates? What are these replacing? What do women want? (oops wrong forum...)

Enjoy!!

John
Yup, this is my first venture into separates. I'm replacing my old Pioneer receiver. I just bought a Vizio p502ui-b1e, and the upgrade bug hit me.

After reading Heeman's praises of the 975, I'm REALLY interested in hearing your comments once you get them.
Congrats! And you Suck!

Congrats on the Combo.

Let me know if you have any questions with the 975..............

One Tip...............follow the owners manual, I didn't and ended up calling them and asked so silly questions........ :happy-smileygiantred:

heeman said:
Congrats on the Combo.

Let me know if you have any questions with the 975..............

One Tip...............follow the owners manual, I didn't and ended up calling them and asked so silly questions........ :happy-smileygiantred:
Thanks Heeman!

Most Tech Supports departments keep track of customer calls for obvious reasons. It's critical that they identify common problems and solutions. Interesting fact. Regardless of the manufacturer, regardless of the product, regardless of the the problem... the most common solution is overwhelmingly the same ...

RTFM

Read
The
F**king
Manual

:teasing-neener:

Outlaw Audio does a particularly great job of writing manuals for their products.

They also do a great job of writing new manuals for other manufacturers' products that they sell off their site - the Onkyo PR-SC886 being a good case in point. Chief Outlaw Peter Tribeman let a certain outstanding and exceptional writer (ie. moi) have a crack at that one before they released Version 1.0 :)

Jeff

I'm not really sure what happened, but I just noticed on my tracking invoice that Outlaw is sending me the 7075 amp instead of the 5000 amp. I checked the Outlaw website and the 7075 amp is for 7 channels and costs more than the 5000 amp. But I was only charged the price of the 5000 amp. I guess Outlaw knows that I want to upgrade to 7 channels instead of 5. :D I know that I probably wouldn't notice any difference in sound quality and I've read that Outlaw amps are conservatively rated so it shouldn't be a problem. They're scheduled to be delivered Saturday. Hopefully weather doesn't hold up the delivery.

There's a chance you still end-up with the 5000 but good luck either way. I can't wait to hear your impressions.

Here are some pictures I have taken so far. I have it all hooked up and will give a review soon.

Attachments

• Outlaw 7075.png
    Outlaw 7075.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 794
  • Outlaw 975.jpg
    Outlaw 975.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 794
  • 7075.jpg
    7075.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 794
  • 975.png
    975.png