Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

IEM's for playing drums

Barney

Longhorns, Cowboys, Spurs, & Rangers...love Texas
As most know, my son plays drums. He needs some ideas for some IEM's. He doesn't like noise cancelation type. I don't think we can afford "custom fit" IEM unless ya'll know of some. He wants some that produce good bass but not overpowering.
Right now most of his practice includes jazz but he plays progressive metal alot also w/double kick drum.
Forgot, he is taking music theory AP, plays drums for the school jazz band, and got his audition packet for try-outs with Genesis Drum Corp and while all during this he is taking all AP/PREAP courses.
Next semester since it slows down he wants to take private classic piano lessons (he plays piano also).

Shure e-series - any of them. Get the right expanding foam sleeves and your done. In fact, Guitar Center and Straight Music both sell them the IEMs and the sleeves.

Why Shure?
1) They sound very decent (even the cheapest models)
2) With the right sleeve and properly inserted they will block out ass much sound as a good foam earplug and protect your son's hearing (a VERY, VERY, VERY important thing to protect as a drummer - too many wait too long and ruin their hearing before protecting it).
3) The foam sleeves are available at every decent pro-music store
4) The cable is designed for professional use and will last the test of time
5) They come with a little bag to carry them and hold a few extra sleeves making them harder to lose
6) It is easy to find replacement cables should your son destroy the cable he is using
7) The service and support is incredible (I broke off the acoustic nozzle tip trying to replace a sleeve and when I filled out the form and mailed it in, they just sent me a replacement IEM at no cost).
8) The most important reason... I am recommending them as a long time professional drummer! :)

^^^ That's what I used too, recommended.

Well, guess its a Shure thing.
Have both of those stores on South Austin. Wished they had a store in San Marcos. Its going to cost me when my son visits a music store.

Barney said:
Well, guess its a Shure thing.
Have both of those stores on South Austin. Wished they had a store in San Marcos. Its going to cost me when my son visits a music store.

its gonna cost more if he loses his hearing.

ive learned from recent months, money is easily replaceable, we can make it on a daily basis. our health, sadly, is a one time deal.

best wishes to your son barney, man, i wish i could do it all over again.

Back
Top Bottom