• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Incredibles 2

bmwuk

I posted in the What I watched today as well but I give this movie a very high thumbs up and thought since it is new, worth its own post. This sequel might be better than the first. But imagery and subject matter at times was intense, even for my 8 year old. Pixar of course had moments of light heartedness but even the baby Jack Jack is intense at times.

I think the beginning Disney castle intro is modified to be an Incredibles theme, looking nothing like the normal castle and fireworks intro. Almost how the Matrix modified the WB logo and the same with Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy. Almost a warning that this isn't your usual Disney affair. A high recommendation. Don't look at this as an animated film for kids, the jokes and issues the protagonists deal with are things parents deal with in life. A high recommendation for you all.

Last edited:
We saw it Friday and enjoyed it as well. I’m back and forth on whether it’s better than the first or not. Which is fairly high praise anyway. I did think a lot of it was really funny in a good way. I thought some sequences ran a bit long. I thought the animation, while clearly the same style as the original, was improved upon and outstanding. I’d recommend it also especially if you loved the first one.

Took the family and the grandson and caught this movie yesterday. It was a good movie, although the wife and I both agreed we liked the first one better. Not sure what this one is missing that the first one had, but overall it's still a pretty good movie. I hope they make an Incredibles 3 fairly quickly, Craig T Nelson's voice was sounding kind of old at times, but he is in his 70's. I'm sure we will own this when it comes out on disk.

Sweet been waiting a long time for them to make the second one. I will have to wait for the blue ray. Perfumes and such really set my asthma off. I used to enjoy going to a movie too .

BTW, what was up with the short movie that played before the Incredibles? She ate her dumpling son, but it wasn't her son? Also, it almost seemed a little racist, or at least stereotyped that you couldn't see any of the Asians eyes, unless they got excited,

BTW, what was up with the short movie that played before the Incredibles? She ate her dumpling son, but it wasn't her son? Also, it almost seemed a little racist, or at least stereotyped that you couldn't see any of the Asians eyes, unless they got excited,

20180616_160225.jpg

Saw this on Saturday with the family. I give it a solid "meh". It just didn't do anything for me. I enjoyed the first one more.

I haven't seen it but it was written and directed by an Asian-American woman. (first woman to direct/write a Pixar file. Story here:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bao-p...igrant-moms?via=newsletter&source=DDAfternoon

It is supposed to rain all day here in South Haven NO so we are probably gonna see this today.

We really enjoyed the movie. Every bit as good as the first.

And yeah, the short was weird. I got it (woman dealing with estrangement from her son after trying to put the "mother" in "smother"), but it was definitely a bit of a o_O as it went on.

We liked it for sure and Jack Jack was really funny.

See ... that’s why I’m leery of this movie. I’m not a fan of Jack Jack. The whole “baby does crazy things... that just avoid hurting the good guys or itself ... and cause the good guys to spend more time chasing the baby than the bad guys... but the antics somehow result in the capture of the bad guys thing” is soooooo boring.” I’ve got no interest in a Jack Jack movie.

See ... that’s why I’m leery of this movie. I’m not a fan of Jack Jack. The whole “baby does crazy things... that just avoid hurting the good guys or itself ... and cause the good guys to spend more time chasing the baby than the bad guys... but the antics somehow result in the capture of the bad guys thing” is soooooo boring.” I’ve got no interest in a Jack Jack movie.
They do it in a way that's really funny, and not in a boring way. The scene with the raccoon is hilarious.

Yeah I thought he's handled pretty well. Not overdone IMO. But you may disagree.

Wife texted me a picture of a Jack Jack doll that seems to be in hot demand right now. So 30 minutes later we had the grandson loaded up and off for a half hour drive to find one. He absolutely loved it, which made it worth while trying to find it. It turns red, talks and his eyes light up, and it actually is a pretty cool toy. Couldn't believe the difference in price between Walmart and Target. Target was $40 and Walmart was $30.

Can't help but wonder if Disney will some day tie the Incredibles in with the Marvel universe. Heck, could even be called the Incredible Avengers. Maybe that was Rocket Raccoon in the movie in a cameo.

Back