• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Integra DTR 7.9 making lines in TV screen

Herm

When watching movie through HDMI vertical lines evenly spaced appear across the screen. Very light in the background. You can still see the movie good. It seems to be having trouble with the color too. You can really see them good on the setup screen. They make it very hard to see the settings.

Hi @Herm! Welcome to the forum.

That sucks about the integra. Do you know for sure it's the integra itself? I mean, have you tried hooking other components (like bluray player or whatever) directly to the tv, to see if the lines are still there? Swapping hdmi cables? Changing input/output ports on the integra? Not sure what else to suggest...

That sucks about the integra. Do you know for sure it's the integra itself? I mean, have you tried hooking other components (like bluray player or whatever) directly to the tv, to see if the lines are still there? Swapping hdmi cables? Changing input/output ports on the integra? Not sure what else to suggest...
Yes sir tried it all. Even disconnected all inputs and just left the hdmi out to tv plugged. When u go to setup all the lines are there. I got it from a friend and was working fine. When I set it up last night I put a movie in dvd and it bounced back an forth a few times and stayed clear. I shut it off finished connecting speakers turned it on and it never was right again. Thanks Pauly

Well I hope your friend is still a friend after this. ;) Sorry, not much else to add here. I have a 10+yo TV from about the same era (in my main HT, which is a small room so nothing fancy) that has a red line that always shows up on the left side of the screen, usually goes away after ~10 minutes, but someday it'll be permanent and I'll have to get off my butt and get a new one.

Well I hope your friend is still a friend after this. ;) Sorry, not much else to add here. I have a 10+yo TV from about the same era (in my main HT, which is a small room so nothing fancy) that has a red line that always shows up on the left side of the screen, usually goes away after ~10 minutes, but someday it'll be permanent and I'll have to get off my butt and get a new one.
Thanks!!!

Thanks!!!
Troubleshooting guide?
Website support?
Integra forum?

I apologize I didn't read all of the deets on your original post.

Which probably means I should just shut up and stay out.

Troubleshooting guide?
Website support?
Integra forum?

I apologize I didn't read all of the deets on your original post.

Which probably means I should just shut up and stay out.
No sir Randy any help is welcome. Two things I don’t know how to do. 1- find website support. 2-fin integra forum. I stumbled on this by accident. Please feel free to advise!!!

AVS Forum is probably the biggest audio/video website and here's a link to the owner's thread for the Integra DTR 7.9: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/integra-dtr-7-9-owners-thread.1057814/#post-14475313. Here's the last post in that thread, from December, 2017:

I've had the Integra DTR-7.9 for ~7 years. Since about a month ago, it now takes 4-6 attempts for it to recognize a number of the inputs (ie - Fire TV, FiOS DVR) and display the picture on the TV. When it does come on, it shows random bands of color that begin from the top of my TV and move downward as the source reveals itself. I did not make any changes to my set-up during that time. I've troubleshooted software/hardware setup/and even swapped out all of the HDMI cables with no improvement.

Do we all agree that it's dying/on its way out? If so, can you recommend a similar unit in its class, today (maybe the TX-NR777)? If not, any other suggestions?

Thanks!

I searched that thread for the word 'vertical' but no hits. Anyway, the relocation process may've been enough to knock something out of whack. Maybe look for a local electronics repair joint to take a look or you may just be out of luck.

AVS Forum is probably the biggest audio/video website and here's a link to the owner's thread for the Integra DTR 7.9: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/integra-dtr-7-9-owners-thread.1057814/#post-14475313. Here's the last post in that thread, from December, 2017:

I searched that thread for the word 'vertical' but no hits. Anyway, the relocation process may've been enough to knock something out of whack. Maybe look for a local electronics repair joint to take a look or you may just be out of luck.
Thanks a lot.

So a 1600$ reciever is done in 7 years. I’m looking at Denon, Marantz, Yamaha what seems to be the better and if anything else in the 2500$ price range that’s a good unit and is easy to service after 5 years

I‘m a reseller for Denon/Marantz if you decide to take that route. I can take the sting out of a new purchase.

Back