• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

IsoAcoustics GAIA

CMonster

We, we have an issue. Cats + Dynaudio C1s. I have yet to convince Angela we need a pair of KEF Blades to prevent cat-on-speaker shenanigans (though I try and try). Instead, I purchased the (what I assume to be ridiculously overpriced) IsoAcoustics GAIA III speaker isolators. Hoping the rubber suction-cup feet help with stability on our hardwood floors. The GAIAs definitely look good and they're smaller than expected. Will report back once installed...

Last edited:
I don't understand what the problem is? I'm not a cat person. They sit on them? I assume since the Blades don't have a flat top the cats can't sit on them? How will the isolation pads help? I'm VERY confused!!!

I don't understand what the problem is? I'm not a cat person. They sit on them? I assume since the Blades don't have a flat top the cats can't sit on them? How will the isolation pads help? I'm VERY confused!!!
Yes, the cats sit on top of the speakers and sometimes their dismount is far from graceful. This results in the speakers rocking back and forth and I'm afraid they may topple over at some point. The Blades don't have a flat surface so the cats wouldn't be able to sit on them. The GAIAs have rubber suction-cup bottoms so they should stick to the floors thus making the speaker stands more stable. They're also purported to improve sound quality so I'm interested to see if they do as they claim. At $400 for the two sets, they'll be returned if they don't stick like I expect. If they happen to improve sound quality, that'd be a nice bonus.

Last edited:
Got these installed last night, threw on Apple Music, and thought "wow, that sounds much better!" I quickly realized I had double-tapped the volume button on my phone (I use Airplay) so it was a couple dB louder than normal. :flushed:

Anyway, the GAIA suction feet definitely work, they look good, and it does seem like the system sounds a bit cleaner. Previously it was metal feet directly on the hardwood floors. Oh, I also wrapped ankle weights around the bottom of the speaker stand posts for added stability so now they kinda look like this:
poodle.jpg

Back