• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Jaco

Looking forward to seeing this. Definitely a tragic loss. Jaco was amazing.

I hope there is a ton of footage of Jaco playing. I haven't seen but a very small amount of video with him. Mostly I've seen his interviews, which are mostly annoying because he won't answer most questions directly and seems to not want to reveal any of his secrets.

Flint said:
I hope there is a ton of footage of Jaco playing. I haven't seen but a very small amount of video with him. Mostly I've seen his interviews, which are mostly annoying because he won't answer most questions directly and seems to not want to reveal any of his secrets.
That's interesting because I've experienced the opposite. Before VHS's came along I knew Jaco from his WR and solo work, on vinyl and then CD, and the pics of him in Musician and Downbeat magazines; most of those pics showed him struttin' around, with a "lead guitarist OMG-look-at-me!" expression on his face, and I figured he was a complete dick.
The Weather Report, and Joni Mitchell, concerts I have, he's just a fantastic player and doesn't stand out (in an Ego manner) at all. :think:

I am referring to his interviews showing his ego. I want to see him playing in those bands, I have all the recordings of him playing.

Yeah, I didn't complete my thought in my post. I don't think I've ever seen a Jaco interview; hopefully the doc fills that in for me.

So this BR is at my house in Texas since Monday.......................... :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-tappingfoot:

I was a little disappointed in this one. Then again I did read the book, and of course the book could go into much more detail.

I will be interested what others (Botch) has to say about it.

I watched about 3/4's of this again and maybe I was a little harsh with my first review.

I finished this from last night. And then watched the whole thing again.
Great doc, some killer footage that is all too short, but ultimately heartbreaking; when his own son found him, in a park, playing in a drum circle and living there, damn... Mental illness and/or drug abuse are an ugly thing.

I spent most of today cleaning and cooking; I'll be spending the rest of the week/weekend listening to my Weather Report, Joni, Jaco collection.

:|

Back