• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Kewl Stuff

You guys ever see the Rockies??? Just sayin'!!
:)
I'm greeted with a view of the mighty Wasatch every morning from my front door, and the Ochre (pronounced "oh-ker") mountains out the back porch. If I drive just a little bit east, get to see/hike the Uintahs, the only North American range that runs east/west [/geek]. Hiked the Sandias, Jemez and the Monzanos in NM when I was stationed there.
There's something different about the Alps, however (both in the video posted and the range over Aviano AFB in Italy); they just seem a bit more rugged, "pointy", sharp, vertical, than the Rockies, at least the little bits I've seen of both. I haven't seen much of the Rockies in Canada, other than around Waterton Nat'l Park (adjacent to Glacier in the US), really want to see both Banff Nat'l Park, and Patagonia at the southern tips of Chile/Argentina. Thanks to two DVTs and two PEs in the last 7 years, I can't hike like I used to/want to, but still want to see these places from boat, air or auto.
Patagonia features an incredibly "sharp, pointy" set of five peaks that (at least at time of naming) hadn't been climbed; would really love to see them (I just tried to find a pic, and they're actually in Canada, guess I was mixed up):

496218.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't mean to brag on Canada. The Rockies extend from Canada down into the US states of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. And to my eyes they , the US and Canadian Rockies, look every bit as spectacular as the Alps!!
Mike

:)
I'm greeted with a view of the mighty Wasatch every morning from my front door, and the Ochre (pronounced "oh-ker") mountains out the back porch. If I drive just a little bit east, get to see/hike the Uintahs, the only North American range that runs east/west [/geek]. Hiked the Sandias, Jemez and the Monzanos in NM when I was stationed there.
There's something different about the Alps, however (both in the video posted and the range over Aviano AFB in Italy); they just seem a bit more rugged, "pointy", sharp, vertical, than the Rockies, at least the little bits I've seen of both. I haven't seen much of the Rockies in Canada, other than around Waterton Nat'l Park (adjacent to Glacier in the US), really want to see both Banff Nat'l Park, and Patagonia at the southern tips of Chile/Argentina. Thanks to two DVTs and two PEs in the last 7 years, I can't hike like I used to/want to, but still want to see these places from boat, air or auto.
Patagonia features an incredibly "sharp, pointy" set of five peaks that (at least at time of naming) hadn't been climbed; would really love to see them (I just tried to find a pic, and they're actually in Canada, guess I was mixed up):

496218.jpg
I'd never heard of it, of course I'm not a climber so big surprise. I googled it. It's called the Cirque of the Unclimbables and it's in the Northwest Territories in Canada.

A Utah hike I can't/won't be able to do, but glad others take video along. Angel's Landing.

Back