• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

LazyBoy PowerReclineXR+ I love this Chair

TitaniumTroy

I just tried this chair out tonight, extremely comfortable. What makes it unique to me anyway, is the power headrest and lumbar support. To get the leather version they hit you with a hefty up charge because you have to order in one of their custom leathers. Other wise in cloth it is around $1100.00, leather $1500.00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... fQ6gewNT6w

Troy just yesterday I was checking out Lay Z Boys website. I have a full leather sectional and my GF hates leather so I was thinking of selling the sectional and buying a nice cloth recliner love seat. Found one with a center piece storage holder and arm rest and drink holder that was nice. But I'll never buy leather again. The look is great but sweating on bare skin is an issue and that's why my GF refuses to sit on it and why my master bedroom system gets used 99% of the time.

High quality leather shouldn't make your bare skin sweat.

Mom always bought quality furniture and the sofa, loveseat and extra wide recliner in the LR are all Lazy Boy and all cloth covered.

I had leather LR furniture 30 years ago and will never get again. Too many "care concerns".

I'm a fan of quality leather furniture. I stress the word quality because I've owned pieces with less than stellar material and been disappointed. That said one of the most significat audio improvements I recall making in my old house was to replace the high back leather sofa with a microfiber one.

Leather is a little reflective and when I switched to a more sound absorbing fabric I was able to tell a difference that a more sound absorbing material made. With your head rested the ears are very close to seat back and reflections are more noticeable. Real audiophiles would have a seat with no head support but, to be clear, I am no audiophile but the sound improvement was definitely noticeable.

And that is precisely why I have those blankets across the headrests on the Poang chairs. Sure, they're conveniently located should someone want a blanket but they also make for a much more comfortable headrest than the bare leather. The added sound absorption was icing on an already sweet cake.

Now, if I could only find a way to keep the blanket from slipping off the Fortress recliner, I'd be a grinnin' fool!

Zing said:
Now, if I could only find a way to keep the blanket from slipping off the Fortress recliner, I'd be a grinnin' fool!

Velcro tabs on two corners of the blanket and the back of the chair.

Does the angle of the tilt of one's head have to tweaked also?

,, , :think:
,, , ,
hidden-11.gif

Zing said:
I use these....

ALL00700_1_1.JPG

Sure, it dosen't look great, but it works!

Dennie

Dennie said:
Zing said:
I use these....

ALL00700_1_1.JPG

Sure, it dosen't look great, but it works!

Dennie
So that's what Big Band music means. :happy-smileygiantred:

Back