• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Lego Batman 2

Huey

Famous
Anybody pick this up yet? The package says it is the DC Comics Superhero series or something like that, and it shows Superman on the cover as well as Batman and Robin. Played it for a little while last night, although I didn't get past the first chapter. First one of the lego series, at least that I have seen, that has dialog in it.

Cool! I'll definitely get it, but not while it's still >$40... I'm still working my way (with my daughter) through Star Wars: The Clone Wars, it's a pretty good one.

My 7 and 4 year old are playing it as we speak they love the legos series. When my PS3 went belly up with the ylod all the lego titles went with it so i bought legos batman 2 for xbox. Another game they both like for some reason is Minecraft for xbox they like the zombies and creepers.

Grabbed it yesterday. Although I knew it was coming, I somehow missed the release date. I watched the kids play it for a while last night seemed like fun, but I find the new split-screen which debuted in Lego Clone Wars a bit distracting. I know it allows players to wander further apart within the mission but I don't like the type of split screen that's being implemented I guess...I do notice that the older I get, the more disinterested I'm getting in video games. I don't know what's that's about, I can't seem to commit the time required to finish games nowadays. :think:

Actually quite a few of the lego games have had the split screen thing - harry potter at least, maybe star wars or others, I don't remember exactly.

Must have missed some perhaps in our unopened Pirates of the Caribbean or Harry Potter, I'll say the Clone Wars was the first title that I noticed it...

Got a chance to spend some time playing today, and I would say this is the weakest of the Lego series. Can't invert the y axis(or is it the x), so flying, at least for me was cumbersome. You also seem to be fighting the camera all the time.

Gotham city is big, almost too big, and the game can seem to be a confusing mess at times. The on screen map bar is little help, and it is extremely cumbersome to pull up the full map. It is cool to play as Superman, and at least one console required Flash, so looking forward to unlocking him.

Biggest disappointment was doing part of the story line, and the game locks up on the final cut scene. Tried it three times, and all three times, the game locked up. It's the episode where you are fighting the Joker robot at city hall. I'm sure there will be a patch, but it sucks as Superman is weakened, and I would imagine he doesn't regain his strength until you finish the story.

I'm not extremely disappointed that I bought it, but had hoped it was as good as Indiana Jones.

I also found the lack of inverted flight controls a nuisance, that's the first thing I change in flying and shooting games. The camera was misplaced often too. Still though I gotta say, towards the end when the Justice League came on the scene it jumped up a couple notches for me, that was fun...

Batman said:
I also found the lack of inverted flight controls a nuisance, that's the first thing I change in flying and shooting games. The camera was misplaced often too. Still though I gotta say, towards the end when the Justice League came on the scene it jumped up a couple notches for me, that was fun...

Haven't gotten there yet, and probably won't unless I start over, or there is a patch.

Xbox 360. I'm not sure what is causing the glitch, but it happens right after Robin saves Batman from the joker robot in a cut scene.

You've got me excited about the Justice League!

Finished this over the weekend, and while it was neat to play as certain Super Heroes, this game was just not as much fun as the other Lego titles. Controls and camera angles are buggy, getting all of the gold bricks can be tedious, and unlike previous titles, you have to have certain Batman and Robin suits to complete certain tasks. Previously, there were always certain characters that you picked up along the way to overcome that, but not with this title. There is supposed to be downloadable content coming, so maybe that will redeem it a little.

I'll also chalk it up as a bit underwhelming, but the kids love it so that's all that matters to me. The first Lego Batman required multiple
suits also...

Batman said:
I'll also chalk it up as a bit underwhelming, but the kids love it so that's all that matters to me. The first Lego Batman required multiple
suits also...

I might be wrong as it has been awhile since I played the first one, but I believe that once in free play, you could switch between suits, or there were other characters that had the abilities that the suit performed. With this one, to get all of the gold bricks, you needed Robin's acrobat suit for nothing other than to make it open certain locked "chests". That's where the tedious part came in.

Back