• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Looking for "Old" Renee Olstead CDs

• Thread starter Deleted member 133
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 133

Back before she was "discovered" by David Foster and released her eponymous "debut" CD, Renee Olstead released three CDs: Stone Country (2000), Unleashed (2000), and By Request (2002).

Being a fan, ever since I saw her live at a private function in the ballroom of the Bellagio, where she was introduced by Foster, and just before her appearance on Oprah (October 2004), I've been trying to track down copies of her earlier works.

By Request is relatively easy to come by, however her first two are not. If any members have copies I'd really like to hear from you via PM.

Jeff,

Have you tried the other Amazon sites (Uk, Japan, France, etc.)? Maybe they have them. Other places would be the online marketplaces like Discogs, CDandLP.com (preferred), and musicmarketplace.com.

I've found some pretty cool stuff on CDandLP. A bit pricey, but that's what you pay for the rare stuff I guess.

She is brilliant and I've long awaited a new release. I first saw her singing "Penny's From Heaven" with Chris Botti and she just blew me way. What a talent!

Good call Jeff!

Dennie

Yesfan70 said:
Jeff,

Have you tried the other Amazon sites (Uk, Japan, France, etc.)? Maybe they have them. Other places would be the online marketplaces like Discogs, CDandLP.com (preferred), and musicmarketplace.com.

I've found some pretty cool stuff on CDandLP. A bit pricey, but that's what you pay for the rare stuff I guess.
Good suggestions. Just tried them. No luck.

I have tried different Amazon sites (.ca's a natural!) in the past. I've also tried a range of Google searches.

I can find copies, but only at huge prices (think hundreds of $$$) for either of her first two CDs. Her third, By Request, was very reasonable.

I'm listening to it right now on my new Denon cans! Comparing her rendition of Sentimental Journey with that for the same title two years later, reveals a voice that was amazing to begin, and even more so with a little aging. (And given that she was 12-13 for the first, and 14-15 for the second...!!!!)

Dennie said:
She is brilliant and I've long awaited a new release. I first saw her singing "Penny's From Heaven" with Chris Botti and she just blew me way. What a talent!

Good call Jeff!

Dennie
Thanks for the reminder Dennie. Am listening to it right now! Just posted a mental reminder to watch that concert when I get home. I've only listened to the CD that came as part of the DVD/CD set.

JeffMackwood said:
Dennie said:

Good call Jeff!

Dennie
Thanks for the reminder Dennie. Am listening to it right now! Just posted a mental reminder to watch that concert when I get home. I've only listened to the CD that came as part of the DVD/CD set.

OMG, you've got to see The Baddest Ass Drummer EVER, Billy Kilson. His solo is on the song "Why Not" and it is amazing. The whole concert is great. Paul Buchanan is fantastic also, IMHO!

Enjoy,

Dennie

JeffMackwood said:
Yesfan70 said:
Jeff,

Good suggestions. Just tried them. No luck.

I have tried different Amazon sites (.ca's a natural!) in the past. I've also tried a range of Google searches.

I can find copies, but only at huge prices (think hundreds of $$$) for either of her first two CDs. Her third, By Request, was very reasonable.

I'm listening to it right now on my new Denon cans! Comparing her rendition of Sentimental Journey with that for the same title two years later, reveals a voice that was amazing to begin, and even more so with a little aging. (And given that she was 12-13 for the first, and 14-15 for the second...!!!!)

Don't give up on those other sites. I have found some great releases (Eric Clapton: Live '85 on laserdisc) after checking back every other week.

Back