• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Magnolia 90" LED for 10k

MatthewB

Grandmaster Pimp Daddy
Famous
Just saw this weeks ad for Best Buy and noticed they had a 90" Sharp Aqous LED for 9,999 wow I recall two years ago seeing an ad for Panasonic showing a 150" plasma and the dreaded words, "not for sale to the general public" in small print. Also thought the tv would cost as much as a house. Now a 240Hz 90" 3D LED for 10k. I figure if pricing follows previous trends than in two years we'll see these size TV's for about 4K. Nice

Was Sharp the manufacturer that introduced a fourth color (yellow) to their displays?
I never could figure out how that worked; aren't broadcasts done in the three original colors? :think:

It is cool watching how affordable tech keeps racing lower and lower! :handgestures-thumbup:

Quattron was just another BS made-up marketing term...

I'd drool over the front projectors I could pick up in the 10K range :drool: ...Even at a 1/4 of that price there are Fr Proj that have plenty of light output for tough rooms.

Batman said:
Quattron was just another BS made-up marketing term...

I'd drool over the front projectors I could pick up in the 10K range :drool: ...Even at a 1/4 of that price there are Fr Proj that have plenty of light output for tough rooms.

Agreed. My 90+ " TV is a whole lot cheaper than that LED set.

Quattron is another BS marketing term. However, the tech behind it is actually there but I don't see how it's an advantage. They take a 3 color image (the one that's been the standard forever) and break it into 4 parts (the standard 3 plus yellow) then have the 4 sub-pixels put it back together again. Why do we need this? Oh yeah, because 3 is better than 4...yeah, OK...

John

Had some time to kill today so stopped by Magnolia/Best Buy and spent some time in front of the 90" and man what a beautiful picture. Now the Sharp Elite had the most beautiful image but as far as massive and beautiful goes this 90" playing The Avengers was awesome. Anyone have a spare 10k to give me?

Back