• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Media of Choice?

use up all those AOL disc you still have in the all forgotten desk drawers you had your windows 3.1 on.

use up all those AOL disc you still have in the all forgotten desk drawers you had your windows 3.1 on.
I have a stack of disks about 7" high. Was going to glue them together in pairs, shiny-side out, and decorate a Christmas tree with them. Never did.

Streaming or theater for initial viewing/evaluation of content. Then if I really like a movie enough to re-watch and/or share with friends and get what is still IMO the best home theater experience for my system for picture and sound quality I will usually buy a BluRay copy. But I know this will probably not be a viable long term option as discs fade away. Hoping streaming gets better eventually.

I'm down to a couple UHD disc purchases a year (if that); usually just rent & stream via the Apple TV 4K. We tried to watch the Top Gun Maverick disc for the second time the other night but the UHD player wasn't cooperating this go-round. Switched to the digital copy and there was a noticeable drop in video and audio quality, but both were still very good.

Switched to the digital copy and there was a noticeable drop in video and audio quality, but both were still very good.

That's what I'd expect. While the BD was superior on my aged 1080p equipment. I'm actually quite surprised how good the streaming video quality was.

Last edited:
Back