• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Mobile Fidelity Now Makes Equipment

Zing

Retired Admin
Superstar
Yes, that Mobile Fidelity. The same people that bring you those fantastic OMR discs now make gear.

I received the latest Music Direct catalog today and the new MoFi lineup graces the cover. I'm guessing they're relying on their name and reputation to sell their new line of gear. Then again, maybe not.

Since I can't share my catalog on the forum, the best I can do is give you a direct link to Music Direct"s MoFi listing.

You could order a large amp and send it to me for testing.
Glad to help!

The summers in between my college years I worked building officer trailers, and every Friday I'd cash my check, and before paying bills I'd buy one album, often an MF, Telarc or Sheffield Labs disk from Gourley Distributing, and bliss out the rest of the weekend (after a shower) in front of my Advents or with the Koss 'phones.
Good Times!

They have always sold accessories like record cleaning fluid and stuff like that, but turntables and cartridges are new. I just hope they don't go the way of Monster who ended up selling everything on earth, probably including Monster Tampons ™.

Cool.

I quickly checked-out the specs for their most expensive turntable (at $1,999.00) and see that it compares favourably (spec-wise) to my 35+ year old Yamaha P-850, although it's lacking many of the features that I like in the Yamaha.

Of course the more detailed description yields stuff for the MF Ultradeck+ that the Yamaha could never hope to match, such as:

UltraDeck+ immediately stands out via its super-sturdy, unshakable physicality that includes a 1.3-inch Delrin platter – 75 percent thicker than that on Mobile Fidelity's StudioDeck model – that delivers deep-black backgrounds and a fantastically low noise floor. Delrin is chosen due to its natural impedance match with vinyl.​

I mean "deep-black backgrounds" from the sound of a turntable! Cripes that's better than the subsonic frequencies that can be seen on most flat panel displays.

Jeff

Wait... what?
I gave them a pass on that one since "impedance" is also a mechanical engineering term related to how sound waves travel through a substance. They should have more properly called it "acoustic impedance" to avoid the gasps of incredulity. In any case they had me at "deep-black backgrounds." :)

Back