• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

MotoGP on NBC!

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
Unlike a lot of you guys I'm not too much into auto racing, but I really do like watching motorcycle racing, specifically MotoGP. I have a few DVDs of specific seasons and a couple compilations. I looked into buying the streaming channel to watch it real time, but at $165/year (last time I checked) well, I don't like it that much.
Just finished watching Fareed Zakaria this morning, clicked on the TV Guide before turning the TV off, and MotoGP is on NBC! How long has that been the case?!? So if anyone else likes watching it, there it is (don't know if they're broadcasting the whole season or this was just a one-off, but its something).
:happy:

I’m more of a Mark Marquez fan than motoGP but I watched todays race as well.

Last year the majority of the season was on NBCSN with like a half dozen races on NBC proper. This year is the same-ish with the bulk of the season on CNBC and a half-dozen or so races on NBC.

Thanks Tom. Are NBCSN/CNBC paid channels? I haven't heard of either.
It's interesting that you mentioned Marc Marquez, he was the only racer that I remember from years back, guess he's the "old man" now. Back then an Italian, 6'2" Valentino Rossi, was the GOAT and was challenged by a young kid from Australia who was the only guy in the world that could ride a Ducati without killing himself, and the one-on-ones between him and Rossi were entertaining as hell. Rossi would always take the lead thru the turns (he was a monster rider) then the Aussie would take the lead in the straights due to the superior power those Ducs had. So much fun! Can't remember the Aussie's name, just about that time he came down with some debilitating illness and he had to quit riding.
The other name mentioned today was Nicky Hayden, and they flew a "memorial 69" (not that 69, that was his racing number) flag around the track. Had to google it, guess he got killed by a motorist while riding a bicycle. :oops:

The races I've caught so far were both in the US (so only 2 televised races/season), but I see today at 1:00 MST they're broadcasting today's race in Great Britain, w00t! I hope they eventually broadcast all the races, would hold me over until football season.

Shoot. After doing some digging it looks like NBC had been showing all races this year, first I've noticed!

I watched today's race.
When it started raining but started puckering.

In Moto GP its hard to believe how many team are in wheelchairs.

It was fun. Yeah, just a few drops of rain, when you're 20˚ from horizontal... :shocked:

Catalunia (Barcelona) race starting now!

EDIT: Wow, 5-bike wipeout on the very first turn, then a highside and what sounded like a broken leg before they could even get the red on.

Last edited:
Catalunia (Barcelona) race starting now!

EDIT: Wow, 5-bike wipeout on the very first turn, then a highside and what sounded like a broken leg before they could even get the red on.
I was watching the start and literally was in the process of saying, "Man...these guys are insane...so dangerous!...." CRASH!!

And I watched the leader/world champ get his leg run over.

Wonder how long that keeps him out.

I was watching the start and literally was in the process of saying, "Man...these guys are insane...so dangerous!...." CRASH!!

And I watched the leader/world champ get his leg run over.

Wonder how long that keeps him out.
He's racing right now, on a mix of painkillers and adrenaline. :shocked:

EDIT: And podiumed!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That's...incredible and ridiculous and probably dumb all at once.
Which, I guess you need to be all of those things to even race in the Moto GP! LMAO
Agreed. Even back in the "old days" (2005? when I started following the sport) the competitors rode thru their injuries all the time. Today, Bagnaia needed several minutes, plus assistance, just to get off his bike at the end; he then leaned against a corner for quite awhile. He was hurting, bad.
But he's still leading in points for this season, and now has two whole weeks (!) to heal up; not a bad position to be in.

Back