• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Netflix Spatial Audio

Huey

Famous
Not sure the best place to put this, or if it even needs its own thread, but got an email that as a premium subscriber, I can get Spatial Audio. Even had a link to a youtube page, which I'll include. Honestly, I am just listening through computer speakers that are built into the monitor, but I didn't really hear anything special.

I kind of wish they’d use the engineering and bandwidth to improve the picture and sound quality instead of adding extra modes.

I kind of wish they’d use the engineering and bandwidth to improve the picture and sound quality instead of adding extra modes.
I'm surprised to hear that, as I've thought at least the picture quality has been quite good, especially with their 4k streams. Watching the recent series The Recruit, and I think that looks as as just about anything streaming out there. Disney+, IMHO, has the best picture and sound quality, but I've never thought that Netflix's was that bad. Guess I'd be checking settings and streaming speeds to make sure it wasn't a simple fix.

I'm surprised to hear that, as I've thought at least the picture quality has been quite good, especially with their 4k streams. Watching the recent series The Recruit, and I think that looks as as just about anything streaming out there. Disney+, IMHO, has the best picture and sound quality, but I've never thought that Netflix's was that bad. Guess I'd be checking settings and streaming speeds to make sure it wasn't a simple fix.

I should have been clear that I'm not unhappy with the PQ or SQ but it does, quite understandably, not equal disc based media. And I'd rather see that gap close more before they add what I think are gee-whiz features that don't, IMHO, improve the experience.

I should have been clear that I'm not unhappy with the PQ or SQ but it does, quite understandably, not equal disc based media. And I'd rather see that gap close more before they add what I think are gee-whiz features that don't, IMHO, improve the experience.
I see, and agree. Definitely not disk level quality, but for most shows that isn't bad. But with more and more households having increased bandwidth available, they could pretty easily start streaming at a higher bit rate.

Back