• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New music from 3 former members of Jellyfish!

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
The Lickerish Quartet is releasing an EP soon and the initial single is pretty damned good!

I cannot wait! They intentionally were trying recapture the style and feel of a band who would have been "influential" about 35 years ago. In an interview I heard on the radio band leader Roger Joseph Manning, Jr. said there really wasn't much room for "new" stuff in the rock and roll genre as anything that was truly different is pretty much unlistenable and either stupid or too complex to dance to. So, this music was meant to recall the styles of powerpop, glam rock, pop-rock and so on as if it was recorded and released in the late 1980s. So, they are their own tribute band releasing new music that sounds like they did it in their prime 30 years ago. Interesting concept if you believe rock is dead.

I thought there was some juicy inside joke I was missing.

That is the inside joke. Every time I post about any music which could remotely be called Prog Rock, my buddy @Towen7 says "Prog rock sucks." Since this is power pop, he appears to have chosen instead to take the brilliantly subtle approach of pointing out the song is more than 3 minutes long, implying it is similar to Prog Rock, which is well known for producing really long songs. I laughed for quite a while at this genius move. I will never checkmate Tom on these posts.

That is the inside joke. Every time I post about any music which could remotely be called Prog Rock, my buddy @Towen7 says "Prog rock sucks." Since this is power pop, he appears to have chosen instead to take the brilliantly subtle approach of pointing out the song is more than 3 minutes long, implying it is similar to Prog Rock, which is well known for producing really long songs. I laughed for quite a while at this genius move. I will never checkmate Tom on these posts.

Ok, thanx for splainin it to me. I am a little slow sometimes!

Back