• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Seating

Zing

Retired Admin
Superstar
Finally!

Started with a microfiber loveseat from our old HT in our previous house. It was fine unless we had company. So we bought three Poang chairs from IKEA. At that time, we had a 64" screen above the fireplace. Those Poang chairs kind of push your head forward so looking upward toward the screen wasn't really comfortable. I rectified that by buying an 80" electric screen which allowed me to lower the image by several feet. That served us well for a few years until I decided to buy a single Fortress Californian HT chair.

It was my intention to add more seats to it over time. But I grew to really dislike that chair. I don't know if the cushioning crushed or not but it felt like I was sitting on plywood. Anyway, I now knew I wouldn't be buying anymore Californian chairs so I felt stuck. After years of being miserable, I started looking into Elite Seats. By the time I configured what I liked, it was $9000. I was not happy but if that's the price I have to pay for quality comfort, so be it. Then it hit me. Despite the quality build and the luxurious material, I'm paying $9000 for a friggin' loveseat! NOPE! Not doing it. I guess I'm staying stuck and miserable.

Enter Valencia Home Theater Seating. I got burned buying that Fortress chair online and sight unseen so I was really hesitant to do it again. But I did. And this time I'm elated. Motorized recline, motorized lumbar, motorized headrest and all but useless LED lighting. I wanted the charcoal color. Babs wanted blue. So, you know, we ended up with blue.

The Valencia Tuscany Luxury Edition. Upgraded leather with a matte finish. Super, super soft and comfortable. Also, it's a wine lover's dream.

52854753264_0e0d0c457c_b.jpg

52853995602_b0bca8bbf0_b.jpg

The room is a little crowded since we kept a pair of the Poangs for when we have company but at least we have seating for four people now. No more sitting on the floor (unless there's a 5th person here).

Back