• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

OK. Need a new tv. 3D Samsung 7100 or 8000?

elfstone

Anyone have any suggestions between the two? Haven't really researched either model too much but I did finally find a Best Buy here and looked at them both. Couldn't really tell much of a difference between the two (you know how BB is with their displays). Been out of the market for so long that I don't know what half the 3D stuff means.

I'm not much of a Samsung fan when it comes to their mid and low end sets but their high end models have made me a believer. I've seen the 8000 series in action at my cousin's house and its picture is stunning. I haven't seen a 7100 but I can't believe there'd be that much of a difference in PQ.

Much like receivers, TVs seem to come with a plethora of features and prices. There's no sense in paying for a bunch of things you wont use. Prioritize what's important to you. Purchase accordingly.

Here's a link to a 55" 7100 series on Amazon. At the bottom of the page is a comparison chart of the different features and performance for each model series. This should make for a good start.

Thanks for the link. I'll take a look at it and do the comparisons. I never thought about a 3D tv but lately I've been buying the combo sets that have 3D discs with them.

Pulled the trigger on the 7100 series. Should have it delivered this Friday (day after Thanksgiving). Compared the 8000 Samsung with the 7100 and didn't see much of a difference picture wise. The stand on the 7100 is butt ugly, and the 8000 had a black bezel vs silver for the 7100. Will post pics once it arrives. Now to run wires for the surround speakers through the attic to the back wall. Wood floors make it pretty much impossible to run wire any other way.

elfstone said:
heeman said:
Congrats!!!

Did I miss it? Or are you keeping the size as a secret?

Sorry. I got the 60" set. Not as big as I wanted, but with this house it's the perfect size.

When we upgrade from our 42" Plasma to our Sammy 59", it was very big for us, even huge...........

Now it is just part of every day life.

Enjoy your new Display :handgestures-thumbup:

I have the 60" 7100 in my basement family room and the 55" 7100 in my upstairs family room. I love the sets, the pic on them is stunning and the feature list is HUGE. Lol.

walls said:
I have the 60" 7100 in my basement family room and the 55" 7100 in my upstairs family room. I love the sets, the pic on them is stunning and the feature list is HUGE. Lol.

Enjoying my set as well, except that flamin' remote is a pain in the ass. Even with my Harmony remote programmed, I still get annoying pop ups at start up. And my Panasonic 3D player doesn't play well with this set for some reason. The Oppo is fine, but the Panasonic is being a problem child.

Yeah your almost forced to turn the set on with its remote in order to get past the start up crap. The only other thing is that the tv turns on and off whenever my sony blu player is turned on or off..... Haven't figured out that one yet.

Back