• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Old and Out of Touch

mzpro5

Famous
During my normal morning reading I have started to come across the inevitable "Best of Lists. I was reading one by a Washington Post reviewr, Chris Richards, whom I am not familiar with. His top 10 albums of 2019:

1. Lana Del Rey, “Norman F------ Rockwell”
2. Angel Bat Dawid, “The Oracle”
3. Bill Callahan, “Shepherd in a Sheepskin Vest”
4. Kelela, “Aquaphoria”
5. Jessica Pratt, “Quiet Signs"
6. Beyoncé, “Homecoming"
7. Goonew, “Back From Hell”
8. Teejayx6, “The Swipe Lessons”
9. Galcher Lustwerk, “Information”
10. Mizmor, “Cairn”

Now I am not bringing this up to criticize his picks but my reason to bring it up is that I , who once considered myself to be fairly knowledgeable about music, only recognized two artist names (Lana Del Rey and Beyonce) and as far as I can only remember ever hearing one of the artists (Beyonce) but not that particular album.

Didn't realize that I am that out of touch with current popular music. I suppose the fact that I never listen to "popular radio" only contributes to my ignorance.

Officially old and out of touch.

During my normal morning reading I have started to come across the inevitable "Best of Lists. I was reading one by a Washington Post reviewr, Chris Richards, whom I am not familiar with. His top 10 albums of 2019:

1. Lana Del Rey, “Norman F------ Rockwell”
2. Angel Bat Dawid, “The Oracle”
3. Bill Callahan, “Shepherd in a Sheepskin Vest”
4. Kelela, “Aquaphoria”
5. Jessica Pratt, “Quiet Signs"
6. Beyoncé, “Homecoming"
7. Goonew, “Back From Hell”
8. Teejayx6, “The Swipe Lessons”
9. Galcher Lustwerk, “Information”
10. Mizmor, “Cairn”

Now I am not bringing this up to criticize his picks but my reason to bring it up is that I , who once considered myself to be fairly knowledgeable about music, only recognized two artist names (Lana Del Rey and Beyonce) and as far as I can only remember ever hearing one of the artists (Beyonce) but not that particular album.

Didn't realize that I am that out of touch with current popular music. I suppose the fact that I never listen to "popular radio" only contributes to my ignorance.

Officially old and out of touch.

I too only recognized Beyoncé and Lana Del Ray.

This is not a best of list for anyone I know. None of the classics from the last 40 years, no jazz, no rock, no classical. At best, maybe a millennial list of pop.

Back