• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Oppo 4K Disc Player

Barney

Longhorns, Cowboys, Spurs, & Rangers...love Texas
I read over at avs that Oppo on their facebook page let everyone know that their UHD 4K disc player is coming soon. Sure hope it includes Dolby Vision. Panasonic has one but I think its only in the UK.
The Samsung seems to have to many issues unless they have done alot of firmware updates.
I'm waiting.......

There are also rumors that the new PS4 and/or the new XBox One could have a UHD Blu-Ray on-board. We should know soon. I would like to see an absolutely killer UHD Blu-Ray player with either Roku or Android TV as an operating system and sufficient hardware specs to support local streaming of high bit-rate content with lossless audio tracks. That's probably too much to ask for though.

Zing said:
Haywood said:
There are also rumors that the new PS3...
Since there is currently a PS4, wouldn't the next model be the PS5?

No. Both the PS4 and XBox one will get upgrades, but this is not a full generation change. Consoles are transitioning to an incremental upgrade model more similar to what exists with PCs. This particular round of changes is being done to accommodate 4k resolution and VR goggles.

I read the updated PS4 will have the UHD player and also drop in price to 299.00 if true those players are going to be in high demand.

This is why I am holding out for now. I'm also not purchasing any 4K licenses at this time. Things have a lot of settling out to do.

MatthewB said:
I read the updated PS4 will have the UHD player and also drop in price to 299.00 if true those players are going to be in high demand.
Just wait and see. Both the playstation & Microsoft boxes are suppost to support 4k but no mention of any kind of WCG ( HDR10 and/or Dolby Vision).

The new XBox One S has UHD Blu-Ray and full HDR support for both disc playback and streaming. I am pretty sure it is HDR10 rather than Dolby Vision.

Back