• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Organizing movie digital copies

Wardsweb

Renaissance man
Do any of you use sites like Vudu or MoviesAnywhere to store your digital copies of movies? Don't know why I didn't know about this before. My son was over and showed me his MoviesAnywhere account with all his movies. Then I learned you can link a MoviesAnywhere account with a Vudu account. This way regardless if you redeemed your movie from Paramount, Fox, Vudu, RedeemMovies, etc. they will all be in one place. Even Disney is setting up a link between DisneyAnywhere and MoviesAnywhere, because they bought them. Never too late for this old dog to learn a new trick.

I love Movies Anywhere
You can also link it to Amazon Prime. I especially like the ability to download the movies to mobile devices to watch off line.

Yeah I’ve been much more invested in it since they started including HD and 4K digital copies.

You can link your Movies Anywhere account to Vudu, Amazon, Google, Apple and a couple other providers. When you add a movie to MA, it will show up on all linked services. Not all studios are on MA. Paramount and Lionsgate are not and I'm not sure about MGM, but all the other major players are. I suspect that with the death of UltraViolet, it is only a matter of time before the others join.

I personally use Vudu. This is partly because Vudu was the only provider that supported both UV and MA. When UV disappeared, all of the titles I owned through UV remained available on Vudu. If/when those studios join MA, those titles will port over. Until then Vudu is the only place I can get at my entire 1300 movie library.

I've been using Vudu as my primary movie service for many years and am generally happy with it.

I still have Vudu and MA I will say that I have close to 3,000 movies on Vudu and only about 2,000 did port over to MA as mentioned some studios are not joined with MA like MGM so none of my James Bond movies are listed at MA. When it comes to 4K more movies will redeem in 4K on MA than they will on Vudu. Again a studio thing. Like the movie Passengers I can get in 4K on MA but Vudu does not have the studio release for that in 4K only HDX. Needless to say 4K actually looks better on MA than the same movie on Vudu also in 4K but I do like HDX movies better on Vudu (sharper and brighter). It's odd how studios will allow 4K on MA but not on Vudu for certain movies. Just bought all four Daniel Craig James Bonds on 4K on Vudu but sadly as MGM is not a part of MA none will even show up.

Back