• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Pacific Rim 4k not working

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
Just thought id let y'all know,

bought Pacific rim 4k UHD, and tried to play it last night on my samsung UBD-K8500, once i plopped it in, it started making a hideous whirring noise! thought i put it incorrectly, but didnt. noticed some crude bumps around the edges, and didnt want to risk breaking my 4k player.

ordered another one, and had to supplement it with another purchase.

After looking online, its been a recurring problem with this movie as well as the samsung.

I also played my other movies, just to make sure my thanksgiving haul wasnt all bad apples.

called amazon, and let them know why im returning it. they sent me a replacement, without me trying to hit the 35 dollar mark again. (it was about 31 bucks i think, i had to get another usb drive to make it a one day purchase.

anyways, thought id let y'all know to check your new format movies.

I use the old 1080p version of Pacific Rim when showing off my home theater's picture quality. I bet the 4K image is amazing but … I won't be buying any 4K discs unless/until I get a 4K projector.

im a sucker for certain movies that apparently the majority dont consider a good or a great movie.

John wick, Equalizer, heck even Collateral

i TRIPLE dipped on this,

original version
3D Version (which is AWESOME)
4k Version

all in all, its still a movie i enjoy frequently.

i just dont want other members to not check on their disc first, until it might be too late.

Well I do have a 4k TV/Player, but I still would've begun purchasing the 4k version of the movies (since all the ones I've seen come with 1080p BDs) in anticipation of owning 4k, much like I knew I'd have 3D......of course at the extremely whittled down rate I've been purchasing it hasn't really affected my wallet.

Well I do have a 4k TV/Player, but I still would've begun purchasing the 4k version of the movies (since all the ones I've seen come with 1080p BDs) in anticipation of owning 4k, much like I knew I'd have 3D......of course at the extremely whittled down rate I've been purchasing it hasn't really affected my wallet.

I bought a handful of 3D movies because I liked 3D in the theaters so much I just KNEW I'd get a 3D projector. Well... for a lot of reasons that never happened.

For the most part, the 4k discs do not come at the premium of the 3D discs when they hit the market.

For the most part, the 4k discs do not come at the premium of the 3D discs when they hit the market.

i wish they did, heck that would justify the entry cost of 30 bucks right.

anyways, that's mainly the reason I try to wait it out, and pretty much hold off 4k purchases until it at least hits 25 bucks.

an update on my Pacific rim, the third disc arrived, and it wasn't as noisy as it would've been. I did learn to try to tip the player at an angle, like around 30 degrees to get it to 'start' working.

I gave up. just as long as it plays, and it doesn't ruin my player, im happy.

Was it worth it?

I played the original blu-ray, it was a good enough of an upgrade to be honest. but then again, it was being upscaled by my Samsung player.

I might try to compare it with the regular blu-ray player I have as well just for kicks.

i wish they did, heck that would justify the entry cost of 30 bucks right.

anyways, that's mainly the reason I try to wait it out, and pretty much hold off 4k purchases until it at least hits 25 bucks.

an update on my Pacific rim, the third disc arrived, and it wasn't as noisy as it would've been. I did learn to try to tip the player at an angle, like around 30 degrees to get it to 'start' working.

I gave up. just as long as it plays, and it doesn't ruin my player, im happy.

Was it worth it?

I played the original blu-ray, it was a good enough of an upgrade to be honest. but then again, it was being upscaled by my Samsung player.

I might try to compare it with the regular blu-ray player I have as well just for kicks.

I suppose back-to-back comparisons will be tough. Unless you have separate displays you'll always be looking at an upscaled version.

Back