• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Panasonic PT-AE8000U in the house

Wardsweb

Renaissance man
I finally got the projector and screen setup I wanted. The picture quality is incredible and this is in Eco lamp mode. In normal, its almost too bright, but works great for 3D. The projector is on a lift that drops to play movies and goes back to ceiling when not in use. I did this to clear the ceiling fan in the room.

wardswebht.jpg

May I be the first to say

YOU SUCK!

It's on a lift that goes back into the ceiling? How much was that? And how deep of a ceiling did you need to enable that?

The DirtMerchant said:
May I be the first to say

YOU SUCK!

It's on a lift that goes back into the ceiling? How much was that? And how deep of a ceiling did you need to enable that?

The lift I made. Here is a picture of the parts I used: linear actuator, 12V power supply, remote control and a piece of pvc pipe. The mount is part of an old Da-Lite universal projector mount and a custom adapter my buddy machined for me.

The area above the room is attic, so no problem using the 24" actuator.

motorlift.jpg

Hey Barney want to stop by for a movie or maybe a live concert video: Adele, Pat Metheny, David Gilmore, Lee Ritenour & Dave Grusin - Montreux Jazz Festival ?

Ward, I start working for the IRS as temp starting this month. Its just for a couple of months. I will contact you to come visit & I hope I can bring some ABT's (stuffed jalapenos w/bacon). I remember the mark where you said you wanted that projector. I would bring a Rammstein concert DVD...but not sure if you would like it. I do have some SRV's..........I'll get with you......gotta check that out.
By the way, now you have the projector & watching movies/concerts.......is your "wall sub" sounding good ( I know the mains are great) ?
Also, did you find out what neighbor broke into your place & stole some tools/equipment ?

The DirtMerchant said:
Nice!

Did you reinforce around the PVC pipe at all to protect the sheetrock? Or, no wobble, so no problem?

The linear actuator is dead on and smooth, so even with minimal clearance it never touches the sheetrock.

Barney said:
Ward, I start working for the IRS as temp starting this month. Its just for a couple of months. I will contact you to come visit & I hope I can bring some ABT's (stuffed jalapenos w/bacon). I remember the mark where you said you wanted that projector. I would bring a Rammstein concert DVD...but not sure if you would like it. I do have some SRV's..........I'll get with you......gotta check that out.
By the way, now you have the projector & watching movies/concerts.......is your "wall sub" sounding good ( I know the mains are great) ?
Also, did you find out what neighbor broke into your place & stole some tools/equipment ?

Anytime bro, you have an open invitation to me casa.

The home theater is true to it's name in ever sense. It is like being at the movies with all the dynamics, maybe more.

Insurance paid for the tools minus my deductible and the police say they will keep the case open for three months. I consider the case closed and moving on.

Ward.......

What made you pick the Panasonic PT-AE8000U as oppose to some of the other great projectors out there?

Oh Yea......

You don't really suck, because you are way to clever for SUCKAGE!! :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

heeman said:
Ward.......

What made you pick the Panasonic PT-AE8000U as oppose to some of the other great projectors out there?

Bang for the buck. Has great lumens and outstanding contrast. My friend just bought the JVC 4K projector (MSRP $8000). It may edge out the Panny but for over $5000 less the 8000 works for me. They are also running a special that includes an additional 3 year warranty, two pair of active shutter 3D glasses and $100 cash back.

Back