• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Pop-Up Ads Are Annoying

Batman

Staff member
Famous
Catching the Tron cartoon with the kids and we gotta put up with this distraction right in the middle of the content, these things are getting ridiculous... :roll:

Each of these "tabs" are enlarged for a few seconds...this was during the last tab.

dfc505c3.jpg

Especially when they take up half the screen actually interfere with understanding what is going on.

Many times on the Military channel they have subtitles but the stupid ads obstruct them.

I'm sure that to a very large extent, DVRs are to blame since most of us are skipping the commercials that networks rely on. But they have to find other means. When it's that distracting that I miss important content of the show I'm trying to watch its crossing the line...some networks are dedicating nearly a third of the screen to this bullshit and as you can see it's not always at the bottom. This Disney channel pop-up was particularly annoying because of its placement and length of time I was distracted from the show.

I get pissed at the moving ones like on USA Channel I'm all into "Burn Notice" then have to constantly see those two bitches from "Rizzoli and Isles" swishing across the lower part of the screen. Also have to say when subtitles are being used and this happens, that pisses me off more. Seriously I see enough ads during the commercials and then be subjected to them during another show I actually want to watch. :angry-cussingblack: Seriously i have no intention of ever watching "The Closer" yet every 10 friggin minutes I gotta see Kevin Bacon's wife pulling a gun on the lower part of my screen. ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I really like when they advertise the program you're currently watching during the commercial break. Wise money expended...DUH!

Every time I turn on cable, find the program I'm interested in watching, freeze it, do something for 1/2 hour. Then I don't have to watch their bullshit.

Rope

It is annoying as hell and like with Matt and Mz, I freaking hate it when there's subtitles blocked.

Maybe that's another reason for me to dump the dish..............

I can't understand why everyone thinks just because they pay good money for a service, or product, they should be able to watch uninterrupted, or unplagued by some assholes persistent never ending product sales pitch. Please don't get me started on the Bluray dilemma .

Rope

Rope said:
I can't understand why every thinks just because they pay good money for a service, or product, they should be able to watch uninterrupted, or unplagued by some assholess persistent never ending product sales pitch. Please don't get me started on the Bluray dilemma .

Rope

For me, it's just doing without to get ahead on some bills and clear out some debt. Since having my son, I just don't watch TV that much anymore. With the exception of a game (which even then, 6 times out of ten, I'm usually at a friend's house), I haven't watched anything live in about 2 years.

Back