• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

R.I.P. David Crosby

I wasn't into much of the "protest" music of the 60's and early 70's, but I loved CSN (&sometimesY). Loved David's solo albums (I did the fiddle part of "Wasted on the Way" on stage many times) and he even performed with Snarky Puppy.
I was not aware he was ever a member of the Byrds, a group that was also plagued without ever finding a decent lead guitarist (Page, Clapton, Jeff Beck (RIP), what a bunch of wankers).

I wasn't into much of the "protest" music of the 60's and early 70's, but I loved CSN (&sometimesY). Loved David's solo albums (I did the fiddle part of "Wasted on the Way" on stage many times) and he even performed with Snarky Puppy.
I was not aware he was ever a member of the Byrds, a group that was also plagued without ever finding a decent lead guitarist (Page, Clapton, Jeff Beck (RIP), what a bunch of wankers).
He was in the Byrds. You are talking about the Yardbirds

The Byrds are a different band than the Yardbirds

I've been reading a lot of cool tributes to DC on farcebook this week; this one from Jacob Collier is an absolute hoot!

David Crosby on Jacob Collier's "Flintstones Theme"

Make sure to listen to JC's arrangement. I've been following this kid for years, no doubt a genius but here I had no idea his vocal range was so extended; he sounds like Take 6 (bass, baritone, tenor, falsetto), all by himself!

Last edited:
Back