• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Refreshed apartment rig!

I had been planning on buying a USB hard drive, copying my music library onto it, and finding some way to play the music in my new place.

Well, while I was shopping for a hard drive I noticed I could buy a brand new Windows 10 touch enabled tiny laptop from Toshiba for a mere $229 at Best Buy. What the heck!

So, I gathered together all the coupons and gift cards I've accumulated and ran over to the nearest Best Buy and got a 2TB USB 3.0 hard drive and one of those little notebook PCs and was out a mere $150 cash after the discounts and gift cards.

Not bad! I am copying my music over now, which is taking forever.

Dang, this little Toshiba Satellite Notebook PC is pretty nice for $229.

High resolution, touch screen, Windows 10 (which rocks) and all the necessary USB ports. Don't care about the battery, so I should be rocking soon.

Well... I have completely sold out.

Today I went to the Best Buy near the train station nearest my new place and picked up a pretty cheap 32" Samsung TV. I carried it home, set it up, and plugged in the Amazon Fire TV Stick and set it up and am now watching Netflix like there's no tomorrow.

One difficulty, though, the TV does not have analog audio outputs to connect it to my analog preamp. It does have an optical digital output I could use if I get a simple DAC. So, I just ordered a simple Optical to analog RCA DAC so I can get the audio from the Fire TV Stick to my preamp.

Crazy since my $250 TV is now costing me an extra $30.

Flint said:
Crazy since my $250 TV is now costing me an extra $30.
This, from a guy sipping cappuccino on a patio in Barcelona a couple months ago... :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

Ahhh... Barcelona...

Paying to furnish another place from scratch is shockingly expensive. Simple things we all have, like spices in the cupboard, really expensive when you are buying them all at once.

Flint said:
Paying to furnish another place from scratch is shockingly expensive. Simple things we all have, like spices in the cupboard, really expensive when you are buying them all at once.

You should check into Penzeys...

https://www.penzeys.com/shop/spices/

I have been buying all of my spices from them for some time now. I always take advantage of free shipping, which is usually around $25-$30 to meet. Their selection is awesome for quality spices. Shipping is fast and they always include a complimentary spice with every order. We are addicted to their Sandwich Sprinkle, which we use for so much more than just sandwiches.

Babs said:
We are addicted to their Sandwich Sprinkle, which we use for so much more than just sandwiches.

This leaves me with a number of thoughts.

1. Of all the addictions I could have, I suppose this one is not all that bad in the grand scheme of things;

2. "Sandwich Sprinkle" just might make a good replacement nickname for "Zing";

3. How much more?; and

4. I wonder what Gen would post about our predilections if she were a member of The Annex?

:)

Jeff

Babs said:
Flint said:

You should check into Penzeys...

https://www.penzeys.com/shop/spices/

I have been buying all of my spices from them for some time now. I always take advantage of free shipping, which is usually around $25-$30 to meet. Their selection is awesome for quality spices. Shipping is fast and they always include a complimentary spice with every order. We are addicted to their Sandwich Sprinkle, which we use for so much more than just sandwiches.

Thanks! I've been buying from both Amazon and the local grocery. I still have quite a few spices to get for my pantry, so I'll check them out.

I see a table in line with the speakers, (acoustics wise) naughty, naughty. That room is so small, even Matt's tiny fart making subwoofer, would probably work.

JeffMackwood said:
Babs said:
We are addicted to their Sandwich Sprinkle, which we use for so much more than just sandwiches.

1. Of all the addictions I could have, I suppose this one is not all that bad in the grand scheme of things;

3. How much more?; and

4. I wonder what Gen would post about our predilections if she were a member of The Annex?

Jeff

Sandwich Sprinkle sounds like the latest offering in K.Y.'s lineup...

yromj said:
JeffMackwood said:
Babs said:

3. How much more?; and

Jeff

Sandwich Sprinkle sounds like the latest offering in K.Y.'s lineup...

Jeff,

1. It is an awesome addiction, and a healthy one too.

2. There is another spice we luv, "Tuscan Sunset". I choose Zing above and beyond both.

3. We all must have pleasures we will not share.

4. I feel Gen should join and share the luv! ;)

John,

K.Y.? Not sure about that comment, sorry. :think:

Also, so sorry, Flint. I didn't mean to go so off topic on your thread. :text-imsorry:

Babs said:
Also, so sorry, Flint. I didn't mean to go so off topic on your thread. :text-imsorry:

Are you kidding? This thread was so boring I wasn't even looking at it anymore before you showed up and made it interesting. Spice is life.

Back