• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Rob

mzpro5

Famous
It is amazing to me that in this day and age some TV executive thought it would be a good idea to broadcast a sitcom where 75% of the "humor" is based on overtly negative cultural stereotypes of Hispanics.

Not sure why I even watched this as I don't like Rob Schnieder (probably because it followed BBT). It was horrible and I'd be surprised if it is on next week.

Haven't seen it, but I do have it dvr'd. Rob Schneider can be hit or miss for me. I liked his show men behaving badly, but it also had a strong cast.

We watched and my wife asked me what I thought about it half way thru.

Horrible! Rob's acting seemed forced and unrealistic. Will watch once more, if it is on to give it a second chance.

I was watching the credits and Rob is one of the Executive Producers and Writers for the show. Others with his last name were also on the list, maybe relatives....

I thougjht that Cheech part and acting was about an 8.

Three things:

1. Rob Schneider has a TV show?
2. Rob Schneider is a Spaniard?

and

3. Did Adam Sandler do a cameo where he screams, "You can do it!"

We watched it at the firehouse and it was 50/50. I did not care for it.

Kazaam said:
Three things:

and

Schneider's charector is an Anglo that married a Hispanic chick. Thus all the stereo type jokes.

Watched the other night, didn't think it was horrible, didn't think it was great. Cheech Marin will be the one to watch in it. Reminded me of 2 1/2 men for some reason, maybe some of the same writers?

mzpro5 said:
Kazaam said:
Three things:

and

Schneider's charector is an Anglo that married a Hispanic chick. Thus all the stereo type jokes.

Ahh... kind of like that movie that guy from Friends made years ago, except instead of just being kind of bad it's also got lots of bad jokes. But Rob Schneider being Spanish didn't seem that far fetched to me since in recent years he seems to be looking more European; or maybe that's just me thinking about his awesome movie "European Gigolo".

Classic Schneider skit from SNL...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPD7f1vXAHw[/youtube]

I thought Rob's wife was too young and too good lookin' for a guy like Rob Schneider's character. (Gives someone like me hope, though!) More likely is that he'd be dating his wife's mother in the show. Well... that came out wrong... I'm not saying that he's going to date his mother in law at some point in the series. But if this were real life, then maybe he would. Of course, in real life all Rob Schneider has to do is tell a young hot chick that he's famous and rich and he's got an in. So I guess that what I'm saying is that if I were someone like Rob Schneider's character, then I'd probably only be able to hook up with his mother-in-law, and not her young hot daughter. Which then begs the question. Do you think Rob's mother-in-law has ever gotten her hands on some of that Adam Sandler-career--turned-Rob Schneider-career money? If so, perhaps she's a cougar. But I'd just call her Sugar Mamma. What's that you ask? Why, yes, I did have the interior of my classic '84 Dodge 600 redone in red velour. Just don't ask me where I got the money to do it, OK?

Kazaam said:
I thought Rob's wife was too young and too good lookin' for a guy like Rob Schneider's character. (Gives someone like me hope, though!)

You forget "King of Queens", "According to Jim", "The Flintstones", and many more that keep giving hope to us old, ugly fat guys.

The show will succeed based on just his name alone. It's a great name! :happy-smileygiantred:

I have the 2nd episode recorded, but haven't watched it yet.

Back