• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Roku strikes Time Warner Cable deal

Towen7

Staff member
Roku strikes Time Warner Cable deal, wants to be your next cable box

:text-link:

I'm not a TWC subscriber but a move like this is long overdue IMHO, if it actually happens. If TWC is going to stream "live" TV its hopefully not long before they allow anytime access to all their content on demand after the air date.

Intel and Sony are both getting ready to bring streaming based cable TV services to the market that will be accessible to anyone with an internet connection, but will look a lot like traditional cable. Can you say, "Competition?"

need something. It's too expensive having TV. I watch a total of maybe 10 channels so an A La Cart option would be best for me. Nothing I watch is on the dirt cheap plan and I won't do without HBO because the Sunday programming is so good and they have it mapped out well to be good year round. Equipment costs are too high as well.

-B- said:
I watch a total of maybe 10 channels so an A La Cart option would be best for me.

Don't hold your breath. There is no way that can happen with the way cable content deals work. Those deals, as stupid as they are, will be enforcable for a very long time.

just s note: you have to be a paying TWC customer, yes pay TWC for programming to use your Roku.....just like I would have to pay TWC for programming so I could get the ESPN apps on my xbox 360..........screw that.

Back