• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Room divided curtains.

Randy

Superstar
So Im not sure a dedicated room is going to happen but the wife is still 100% in favor of me having my space.

The basement in the new house is really live. Its hot hot hot.

We just bought light blocking curtains to replace the old ones but I want to replace them with light/noise blocking curtains.

While looking I found light/sound blocking room dividing curtains.

Anybody have any experience with these and will they help much to isolate sound/light and separate the space?

Link to the light/sound blocking room dividing curtains? I can't imagine they'd be that good at blocking sound. I would think acoustic panels are the better way to go...

Pictures of the space may help as well.

Link to the light/sound blocking room dividing curtains? I can't imagine they'd be that good at blocking sound. I would think acoustic panels are the better way to go...

Pictures of the space may help as well.

I know drawings would help, but I am nowhere near that prepared at this point.

I'm kind of idea gathering at this point.
I have 3 different areas where the stuff can go and honestly, again in this house, none of them are good.

So Im not sure a dedicated room is going to happen but the wife is still 100% in favor of me having my space.

The basement in the new house is really live. Its hot hot hot.

We just bought light blocking curtains to replace the old ones but I want to replace them with light/noise blocking curtains.

While looking I found light/sound blocking room dividing curtains.

Anybody have any experience with these and will they help much to isolate sound/light and separate the space?

they work. but not as effective when you work graveyard and expect a good nights sleep at noon.

kidding aside, i think this is a great alternative.

maybe its more humid than hot down there randy. get a humidity checker if you can.

they work. but not as effective when you work graveyard and expect a good nights sleep at noon.

kidding aside, i think this is a great alternative.

maybe its more humid than hot down there randy. get a humidity checker if you can.

Basement is cool and humidity is kept in check by the A/C.

When I said the basement was hot I was referring to acoustics. It's a finished basement with 10' drywalled ceilings and a tile floor. Acoustically it is hot hot hot.

It will need plenty of attention to tone it down.

Basement is cool and humidity is kept in check by the A/C.

When I said the basement was hot I was referring to acoustics. It's a finished basement with 10' drywalled ceilings and a tile floor. Acoustically it is hot hot hot.

It will need plenty of attention to tone it down.
gawdanngit, gotta make clear of that next time! i only get a few minutes to get on the forum without kids jumping the keyboard or humping the mouse.

;)

Back