• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Saw this over at AVS opinions

MatthewB

Grandmaster Pimp Daddy
Famous
As a bass lover caught a glimpse of this and was like WHOA!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,029
It isn't that terribly common when subwoofers can affect the video quality to such an extent.

Flint said:
It isn't that terribly common when subwoofers can affect the video quality to such an extent.

I was thinking the same thing, how in the hell are they going to see the screen? Boom, what was that? I don't know, but it sure was loud!

Flint said:
Problem solved! vv

Attachments

• Matts LFE dream.jpg
    Matts LFE dream.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 1,008
The best bass would come from the most woofers, assuming they are off sufficient quality and properly designed, implemented and tuned.

I have fantasies of building a HT where I put 32, or more, 18" woofers into the front wall of the room. Imagine bass so tight, clean, and distortion free that you never even question the reality of it.

The problem I see is that every person I've ever met who has chosen to invest in the ability to have great bass has overdone it in the tuning of the system. Most have the bass boosted so high that one is pounded in the chest with every potential impact in a soundtrack. When someone sets down their keys in real life a wave of chest crushing bass doesn't knock you over.

Flint said:
When someone sets down their keys in real life a wave of chest crushing bass doesn't knock you over.

This! I like very deep bass such as from a pipe organ or explosions in movie. Not the throbbing bass coming from the ticking of a grandfather clock like I have heard on a commercial ad.

Flint said:
If EVER a system cried out for an acoustically transparent screen, THIS is it!

Acoustically transparent screen I don't think that would work !!

The amount of air movement will still cause the screen to blow in the wind like a ships sail.

malsackj said:
Acoustically transparent screen I don't think that would work !!

The amount of air movement will still cause the screen to blow in the wind like a ships sail.

Isn't that how 3D works? :teasing-tease:

I am with Matt, sort of I don't know about the sound quality of that system. However, all of that powerful, gut rumbling bass should make for a pretty decent bowel movement. :eek:bscene-tolietcrapper:

Back